Samsung DLP vs. Misubishi DLP

Anonymous

OK I've narrowed it down to a Samsung 6167 or a Mitsubishi 62525. It seems Samsung has made great improvements but Mitz is still highly rated. Can anyone recommend one over the other? Thanks!

KARREEM ABDUL DA BOOTAY
Unregistered guest
SONY XS 60-pass on dlp unless you like rainbows,fan and color wheel noise

ogbuehi
Unregistered guest
gotta agree bro-stay away from dlp

KLAUSS
Unregistered guest
Magazine - Sound & Vision: June 2005

DLP vs. LCD

LCD wins, according to (3) Video experts, David Ranada, Al Griffin, and David Katzmaier. All (3) recommend , and prefer the LCD technology, as do I.
LCD had fewer problems with critical program material compared to DLP.

DLP:
Bright blacks (Blue tint background)
"Dirty-screen" effect (fixed-pattern noise)
rainbows,color wheel noise,fan noise,clay face,smudging.

LCD:
Better contrast(most crucial)
Deeper black (Better dark backgrounds)
Better picture detail
Picture unifomity (scored equally)

Mish
Unregistered guest
Amazing. Klauss got it exactly backward. All three recommended DLP in their concluding paragraphs. he also misquotes the findings in terms of contrast etc. Read the article.

Unregistered guest
I was going to say the same thing. DLP was preferred by all 3 experts!http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/article.asp?section_id=2&article_id=837&page_nu mber=7&preview=

Anonymous

***WARNING***

Children Playing

Go play in the traffic, kid!

Anonymous

The (name hi-jacker) Sony LCD rep (child) is posts 2,3, & 4.

Mish
Unregistered guest
Klaus got it exactly right-re-read article,and saw all three at tv store-lcd is the winner-hands down!

Anonymous

Hmm...
Klauss: DLP technology as all 'experts' know have M U C H higher contrast than do LCD rear projection sets. (look up some specs as well as some simple sites that explain how each of these displays work and you will understand why) Fan Noise?? If you took 3 random brand name LCDs and 3 random brand name DLPs, blind folded sevral 'test subjects' and turned all the sets you will find that just as likely test subjects will point to an lcd as a dlp when asked which has the loadest fan noise. I think some of you (mish Klauss) are confused about contrast and brightness which would matter more in a bright lit area (like some stores) Sony 'XS'
- excellent tv
unless you mind the screen door effect- even more noticable on their 'WF'- Check out their 60" er then judge... no wonder sony is going into LCoS (50" and 60" 'KD' line in stores september 2005)

RyanF
Unregistered guest
I too read the Sound and Vision article. DLP was the overall winner. Not by much. That was quite clear. As mentioned hundreds of times before, it is personal preference. For me, DLP.

Think of it this way. It's a hot blonde vs. hot brunette. You aren't going to kick either one out.

Username: Jimkw

Columbus, Ohio USA

Post Number: 4
OK now I'm really confused. Which one is the blonde and which one is the brunette?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us