Sony RDR-HX900 set top box control

Username: Struble

Post Number: 1
Curious problem... I'm using the set top box control with a Motorola (Comcast) digital box. When the HX900 is off, the IR controller sends a command to the Cable box every 20 seconds causing it to advance the channel! How weird is that? If the HX900 in ON, everything behaves normally. Has anyone else seen this behavior? As it stands now, I have to disable set top box control on the HX900 before I turn it off, otherwise I have to start watching a different channel every 20 seconds! Please help.

fx
Unregistered guest
Does this model have a built in TV Guide? If so it is searching for the channel that contains the guide data so it can download the information.

xvxvxvx

PJTraynor
Unregistered guest
Dave

If you have not worked this out, see other posts in this area. Comcast and hx900 worked for me but I had to run a rg6 (plain old fashioned cable) from a splitter to my TV and watch TV that way while my hx900 loaded info from the program guide.

Split the cable coming out of the wall before the box. Run one to the box and one to the TV.

From the box run cable (RCA or rg6 to the hx900. Then run component cables from the hx to the TV component input if you have 'em . Otherwise run S video.

Turn the hx off for 2 days and leave the moto cable box on. Let it keep flipping channels as much as it wants.

Watch TV using the direct RG6 input cable that bypasses the cable box for two days. Hopefully after that you can watch TV through the hx from then on, and use the program guide as well (unless you want to record one show and watch another in which case you can go back to the direct cable input while the hx records the show you wanted)

Hope this works. Worked for me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us