RCA TV lost sound

Username: Steveski

Post Number: 1
Can someone suggest what might be wrong. I have a 27 inch RCA TV and suddenly we have no sound. I thought the speakers might be bad until I put a disk in the DVD we have hooked to it. The DVD plays fine and we get sound and picture. When I shut the DVD off and try to get a regular station we get picture but no sound. We have antenna and are not hooked to cable. The only device attached to the tv is the DVD. It is not muted. I am at a total lose as what has happened.

Bronze Member
Username: 4u2ges

Post Number: 13
Check the sound on a few different channels. If sound is present on at list one channel, then you might've accidentally switched "MTS" to "SAP" (most likely via on screen menu in sound settings). Should switch it to "Main".

Username: Steveski

Post Number: 2
Thanks but there is no sound on any channel. It has me completely stumped. Thanks though. Any other suggestions?

Bronze Member
Username: 4u2ges

Post Number: 14
Hi Steve,
There is not much else to suggest other than having it professionally serviced. About 10 years ago RCA introduced a lousy designed chassis. Among other problems was "no sound" caused by a poor tuner design (soldering problems), which eventually cropped EEPROM chip. That might be the case.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1161
Use a VCR tuner through the line inputs if you can't get the RF input to work.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us