Buy online or at bb or cc?

ogbuehi
Unregistered guest
I will be buying the sony 60xs955 tv within a week or so. I was wondering about whether it's better to buy the set online or in the store. Buying it online is much cheaper but I'm afraid of getting bamboozled by either not getting the product or getting something defective etc.. I would like to hear from anybody who had made a big screen tv set purchase online and their experiences. I was planning on buying from Abe's of Maine because they have the cheapest price with the minimum security I'm comfortable with (128 bit encryption). And I've already tried reading reviews on specific online stores. I can't tell if the company themselves are writing those or actual customers.

Bronze Member
Username: Justme123

Post Number: 44
ogbuehi;

http://www.resellerratings.com/

As much as I like to make fun of them, they are a good site.

Go with your comfort level. If the extra $ are not an issue, and you don't want to spend two weeks biting you nails, wondering if you got taken, then by all means, head to BB or CC. From all the reviews, and personal experience, if you go on-line, I'd look to buydig or ecost.

Bronze Member
Username: Klaus

Holiday, FL USA

Post Number: 63
og:
Abes has a 5 star rating with cnet.com. You can go there and check them out. Looks like a very good outfit, even though AOM is in Brooklyn, NY.

ogbuehi
Unregistered guest
I thank you guys for your info. You have given me the confidence and information to make my first online purchase.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us