PS2 on two televisions

Username: Fargazer

Post Number: 1
Howdy all!

I have a 36" Sony Trinitron full 4:3 ratio TV to watch cable and other regular format shows, next to a 55" Mitsubishi widescreen HDTV for DVDs. There are times where I want to use my PS2 on each of the televisions (depends if my wife wants to watch shows from the TiVo on the Sony, or DVDs on the Mitsubishi). Each television has a set of component inputs free for use with the PS2.

I need some recommendations for what to get. The two options I am considering are either:

1. Get a set of component cables for each TV, and manually plug / unplug the cables at the PS2. Simple, but inelegant; also puts wear and tear on the PS2 connector.

2. Get some sort of 2x1 component video splitter or switcher, so I can feed the PS2's video signal to both televisions, and merely choose the proper input for the television I want to use the PS2 on. Cool, but more expensive, and could introduce some distortion.

Any thoughts or recommendations, in particular with regards to option 2? I am not too familiar with the various companies that sell such splitters (such as inday dot com), and would like any advice I can get.

- Fargazer
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us