Infocus SP4805 vs. Sony KV30HS420

Bronze Member
Username: Frostyda9

Calgary, AB Canada

Post Number: 13
Having some trouble deciding between these two choices. One one hand,the TV is big enough for most viewing, can be used in any light condtion, and it easy to set up. On the other hand, the projector casts a massive picture and takes up far less room. For DVD's, it's no contest, the InFocus is the way to go. However, for casual TV viewing, the Sony would be much more convenient since during the spring/summer here it can stay light outside past 10PM. What would you go with? For value comparison, both of these units are going for exactly the same price locally.

Dirty Sanchez
Unregistered guest
As much as I love the big picture of my projector, I would hate to have it as my main source for TV viewing if I didn't have complete control of ambient light. If daylight is an issue for you, the projector would be absolutely useless during the day. Even my family room TV (a 47" RP Samsung HDTV purchased before LCD and DLP became affordable) struggles with the afternoon sun. I typically do not hesitate to recommend projectors, but from what you wrote I'm not sure it's the right option for you.

Bronze Member
Username: Frostyda9

Calgary, AB Canada

Post Number: 14
I do have my current smallish Sony tv, which could be used for daylight situations. However, due to space restrictions, I'd have to project to a location above the CRT set. My maximum size would be about 70".

On another note, if I went the projector route, I'd need about 30 feet of video cable. Can that be done without a lot of signal degradation? My only options for video out are basic RCA, S-video, and component video.

ZiggyZoggyOiOiOi
Unregistered guest
I have 30 foot DVI, 30 foot component, and 30 foot VGA cable running to my projector. I don't notice any signal loss, but I don't exactly have a frame of reference either.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us