1394 Connection on Mits 52825

Username: Jhumm1

Post Number: 1
I'm having trouble connecting my Comcast HD cable box to my Mits 52825 via the 1394 connection. The HDMI/DVI connection works great for general viewing, but I'm trying to set up my DVR through the Firewire. Has anyone has success connecting the DVR to a Comcast box? I'm trying to avoid having to use composite video connections to record.

fx
Unregistered guest
"I'm trying to avoid having to use composite video connections to record."

You and many others as well. Suppose you could, all you'd get is digital snow. Not sure what you are calling a DVR though. Care to elaborate?

Remember the 1394 (Firewire) connection sends uncompressed digital video data. As far as I know the best you can do is use an S-VHS recorder. All the DVR's made AFAIK record a compressed MPEG2 data stream.

xvxvxvx

ogbuehi
Unregistered guest
Can you try to use component cables to connect your dvr to your cable box? There isn't a cable box I know of that can connect to tv's via firewire. I could be wrong though. Most companies aren't supporting firewire connections except for hi-res cameras and d-vhs for lack of security.

Post Number: 2
DVR=The built in hard drive. I'm not technical enough to understand what you mention regarding the 1394 stuff. Mits does not allow recording of HDMI or component video inputs. Inputs are Ant, comosite, CableCard, and 1394.

ogbuehi
Unregistered guest
I guess I'm confused, is your dvr integrated into your cable box or a separate component? It sounds to me like you connected your dvr to one of the outputs of the tv and the cable box to one of the inputs. If your cable box has more than one output you can try hooking up the cable box to the tv via hdmi and hooking it up to the dvr via component.

Post Number: 3
The Mits 52825 has an internal DVR. I have connected my cable box to the tv via the HDMI and that works great. However, the DVR does not recognize HDMI connections (something about copyright laws). The DVR is supposed to accept 1394 input but that is not working for me. I'm sure the composite connections would work but then I'd not be able to record HD programming via cable box.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us