How to unlock a Coby DVD-224 Player ?

Username: Stormwatch

Post Number: 1
Hi,

What can I do to unlock this model ?
I didnt find anything in net about this model, a code that I found at www.dvdrhelp.com dont work.

Please help...

Thx in advance

yank
Unregistered guest
look again at

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdhacks.php?select=Coby+DVD-224

Unregistered guest
All with remote: Power on, hold setup and press vol+,vol-,vol+,vol-, the RC appears on the upper left of the screen,release setup button, with the cursor left and right select the RC you desire or 225 (do not punch the numbers - select with cursor) for RC free, exit setup, power off - have fun

Username: Reywal

COBY DVD-201 Anyone knows how to unlock?
Thanx in advance for the help

Username: Vocalkilla

i put in the Macrovision code but it
still does it, is there somthing else to try?

Unregistered guest
meu aparelho dvd 224 foi mechido por meus sobrinhos. como posso fazer para voltar a versao original?

Luiz Fernando
Unregistered guest
The previous untranslated question is:
How restore the default settings of my Coby 224?

To alexandrecarlosferreira a little warning.

Ei Alexandre, nao pega nada bem postar em portugues num forum estrangeiro. Quando fizer isso, procure escrever em ingles. Sei que pode ser dificil, pra mim também nao é muito simples.

coby?
Unregistered guest
how to unlock the regional code on coby dvd-224

vicente
Unregistered guest
burro. ta fazendo porcaria e nem sabe inglesssssssssssss vai estudarrrr

Pascal
Unregistered guest
Here is the procedure:
Press "Set up" and release,
Press Vol +, Vol-, Vol +, Vol -,
Number shows up
Change to 255 (All region) using right arrow
Press "Set up" again.
Gunther had given the procedure, except for a small detail : you have to press and release "Set up" and not hold it to access the zone selection menu.

pvannederland
Unregistered guest
Pascal and Gunther,

Thank you for the procedure. I just tried it and it worked beautifully. I live in the Netherlands and brought a DVD player from California. It said it supported PAL and NTSC. But I found out to my disappointment that was only output support, and that the player was for region 1. You have saved me a lot of time and expense. Now instead of buying movies through the web I can rent locally.

Thanks again,
Patrick
Leeuwarden, Nederland

Unregistered guest
Hi, does anyone knows how to unlock(region free code) a coby home theater coby dvd-925, pls let me know..
thanks in advance

Lori
Unregistered guest
Getting a "wrong Disc" message on a brand new coby-224 with a brand new dvd???? HELP

Unregistered guest
Hi,
I got a COBY TF-DVD5000 , From America. Am getting wrong regional code. I have been told that I can get a DVD unlocking code. I have been searching for the code for this model but am unable to find it. If anyone has any idea's it will be most appreciated.
Thank you very much !!

kavo
Unregistered guest
Can anyone help?
Does anyone have information on how to unlock a CODY 223 DVD player?

Unregistered guest
I'm looking for COBY TF-DVD5010 unlocking code please?

Username: Victorpena

Getting a "wrong Disc" message on a brand new coby-224 with any dvd and cd.HELP

Unregistered guest
I just unlocked my coby 224 (singnal output:pal and ntsc)from region 1 to 225, but the European dvd -both from the UK and Austria - only play in black and white. the region 1 dvd still plays in color. Can anybody help?

Username: Poorsneek

Post Number: 3
I GOT CUSTOMER SERVICE @COBY AND THEY SAID A WRONG DISC ERROR IS A MALFUNCTION INTERNALLY WITH THE LAZER EYE PROGRAM. THEY WILL EXCHANGE UNIT IF I SEND IT TO: COBY CUSTOMER SERVICE
56-65 RUST ST.
MESPATH, NY. 11378 IF YOU DO NOT HAVE RECIEPT TELL THEM IT WAS A GIFT AND GIVE THEM A SIX DOLLAR MONEY ORDER AND YOUR INFO WHERE TO SHIP THE REPLACEMENT PLAYER.

Unregistered guest
I have a 223 Coby DvD player.It seems as if someone changed my password,so I can't change it to play rated R movies because I don't know what it is.Does anyone know how I can change the password?

CaVeRnA
Unregistered guest
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks.php?dvdplayer=Coby+224&hits=50&Search=Search

Unregistered guest
Does anybody knows how to unlock the Coby DVD-514 player?

Username: Kong007

Uk

I am looking for unlock codes for a coby portable TF DVD-5000

Unregistered guest
I just purchased an awesome portable COBY TF DVD-5000 player I'm looking for a unlock code. Thanks in advance. This is a great player that can be better!

GBW
Unregistered guest
Pascal and Gunther,

Thank you so much for the procedure. I've just tried it on my coby 224 and it worked beautifully. There are three things I'd like to add, though. One: there must be a disc on the player for the procedure to work out. Two: As Pascal pointed out on Nov 5,2004, you have to press and release the "set up" button and not hold it to access the zone selection menu. Three: the RC appears on the upper right of the screen and not on the upper left. Anyways, you guys have literally made my day. Now, the homesick Brazilian girl, who's been "stuck" in Portland, Oregon (so much for the American Dream...)for the past three months, is able to watch all those loved Brazilian DVDs... Believe it or not, there have been great Brazilian productions in the past years... Want to check that out??? Here are some MUST sees: "Central Staion", "City of God", "Carandiru", and the list goes on and on and on...

Thanks again,
Gloria,
Portland, USA

Unregistered guest
TENGO UN DVD 224 Y NO ME LEE NADA NI VCD NI MP3 NI DVD NOSE SI ES POR LOS CODIGOS ES ES LENTE OPTICO QUISIERA QUE ME AYUDEN PORFA!!!

Iaalfg
Unregistered guest
The unlock code for the Coby 224 worked beautifully. Now, I can watch my DVD box set in PAL from Greece of the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens.

Unregistered guest
This works for Coby DVD-224 and DVD-514:

(ALL WITH THE REMOTE)
1. POWER ON
2. PRESS SETUP
3. PRESS VOL+, VOL-, VOL+, VOL-
4. REGION CODE APPEARS ON THE UPPER LEFT OF THE SCREEN, CHANGE IT WITH CURSOR ARROWS, DO NOT PRESS NUMBERS (SELECT REGION CODE 255 TO REGION FREE)
5. EXIT SETUP
6. POWER OFF

Oh, by the way, I'm Looking for codes for COBY DVD-909, any information will be useful. Thanks.

Unregistered guest
Hey, GBW:

What in the world are you doing in Oregon?
Any good Sci-fi DVD in Brazil?
We had a pen pal in Sau Paulo (sp?). Were you close to there?

Sorry to get off topic.
Thanks,
Michael

Unregistered guest
to unlock tf-dvd5000 coby

Region code hack posted by Andrey, April 07 2005:
Region code hack posted by andres, April 02 2005:
turn on the unit
Press SET UP (until Icon show up).
Press FF ( >> ), FB ( <<>>1 ), Previous key (1<< )
Region code shows up in the right top of screen.
Change the code to 255 using right Arrow.
Press setup twice!

It's Done!!

I used this hack and everything is working now as a multizone device

Unregistered guest
i am having problems with Coby-207
i am getting "wrong regional disc" What should i do?

Unregistered guest
I used the code so I can play my Euro and Am DVDs, but now I don't have a "cursor" on the DVD's main menu, and so I can't see what I'm selecting to play. Any suggestions? Thanks!

ghostrick
Unregistered guest
as to unlock dvd for free ???
model Victor ux-wd70

ghost rick
Unregistered guest
as to unlock dvd for free ???
model japan Victor ux-wd70

Anonymous

to Pascal or Gunther or anyone could this be done with any remote control, the original one is damage,could it be done with any other universal one anonymous

A.Chacon
Unregistered guest
Please, I had problem with my Coby 224 last weekend, and i solved with this codes, than now it stoped to work again, and i'm trying to fix with the code wrote before and doesn't work, do you guys know how to do now?

Username: Raider

2A. Chacon: what codes you have used i ve got the same problem
Hi everyone please help me with a piece advise how to change region on COBY - DVD-224 player? I must change it from 7th to 1st. Waiting for reply.

mikedane
Unregistered guest
looking for region free code for coby DVD-238

A.Chacon
Unregistered guest
Daulet, i've used the code that everyone did. set up, + - + -, change to 225, than set up.
in begginig works, passed one week stoped.

dodeskaden
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know how to unlock Coby TF DVD6200?
I spent a lot on it and all the codes provided for other models doesn't work in my 6200?!?
Please help or suggest. thanks a lot

Unregistered guest
Coby TF DVD6200
thanks for the suggestion above.
one can still use the code that everyone did.
but with some slight changes. press >> and <<.

Unregistered guest
I keep getting a "wrong disc" error. before it would happen occasionally and i would put a different disc in and then it would work. now it doesn't work with any disc. william above (jan 05) said he contacted coby and they said it was a malfunction and could replace a unit. how do you contact them to replace a unit????
please help. i am not an electonic whiz.

Noobie
Unregistered guest
Can someone help with Coby dvd-238 model. i purchased the dvd player about a week now. it works great, but for some odd reasons the remote control stopped working. No way to skip scenes now. Does anyone know how to reprogram the remote control or do you all think the remote control is just broken? i didn't keep the box nor the user's manual due to i purchase it for $10.00 at robinsons may. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Username: Brybob2002

New York, New York USA

Post Number: 8
Will the general Coby unlock code work with the DVD7100? Thanks.

Bob

JR1234
Unregistered guest
I am looking for a region free code for COBY DVD-238. The order: setup, vol+, vol-, vol+, vol- does not work on this DVD. Any suggestions?

Unregistered guest
Recently i purchased a COBY TF 7100 DVD player in Miami.Since i am living in Brazil i am trying to make it region free,but all the hints from dvd help didnt work because i think they changed the controls and it doesnt go the way they explain.I purchased in the begining of december 2005,and i am sick with the message wrong disk.Somebody could please help me. Camarge

Unregistered guest
HI I ALSO HAVE A COBY 7100 IT WAS WORKING FINE NOW IT SAYS WRONG REGIONAL DISC ANY ONE NOW HOW TO RESET

Unregistered guest
Hi everybody,

I need to use a Coby 514 with a Universal Remote Control. Does anybody Knows the code number?

Tks in Advance

Anonymous

People Help Me
How to unlock a toshiba sd-3960 DVD Player ?
Thanks.

Sarka
Unregistered guest
Thanks,

this works for my Coby DVD-207

(ALL WITH THE REMOTE)
1. POWER ON
2. PRESS SETUP
3. PRESS VOL+, VOL-, VOL+, VOL-
4. REGION CODE APPEARS ON THE UPPER LEFT OF THE SCREEN, CHANGE IT WITH CURSOR ARROWS, DO NOT PRESS NUMBERS (SELECT REGION CODE 255 TO REGION FREE)
5. EXIT SETUP
6. POWER OFF

Disk has to be in it!!!

Anonymous

For G.Angel V
From the Coby support site:
http://www.cobyusa.com/support/support.php?sub_cat=faq#q212
"2-12 What is the code to program my Universal remote with my Coby DVD player
There is no code to program our DVD players with your Universal remote, you need to use the remote that came with the player."

Lep
Unregistered guest
Help Coby TF DVD5000 nothing coming up when do as you said

lep
Unregistered guest
Ok Im From Ireland just done everything to recode my coby tf dvd 5000 put it will only play in black and white and ideas anyone please.

Sandra Almeida
Unregistered guest
Hello,
What can I do to unlock this model Coby TF-DVD6200?
Tks

jedicurt
Unregistered guest
I need the region free code for a Coby dvd-238, does anybody know it?

jedicurt
Unregistered guest
I actually found the answer to my question elsewhere and figured i would post it back here for future reference.

for a coby dvd-238
open dvd tray
press 9735
this will bring up a menu to change the region code, after changing the code, go to exit menu

Anonymous

Thank you for this useful information. My coby dvd-224 works great in free region. Thanx

spandit
Unregistered guest
Can anyone tell me how to unlock toshiba Sd-3960 DVD? I have tried the 2403960 option but it does not work. thanks,

Unregistered guest
Can anyone tell me how to unlock toshiba Sd-3960 DVD? I have tried the 2403960 option but it does not work. thanks,
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us