Recording from DVR to VCR

Arnie
Unregistered guest
I recently got a local cable company DVR system. I'm worried about space on it so I want to in effect dump a movie onto a VHS tape on my VCR. How can I setup my DVR with my VCR so that I can record my previously taped shows/movies onto a VHS tape.
Thanks

Username: 4u2ges

Post Number: 7
Never used a DVR. But logically if you view the movie you play from a DVR on a TV, you can record it by attaching your VCR between DVR and a TV. You would need one extra standard A/V composite cable. Hook up A/V output from DVR into a A/V input of a VCR. A/V out from a VCR into the TV. Turn VCR on and switch the input to Aux (might have a different name depending on VCR brand). Start movie on DVR. Record to VHS as you normally would.

dyrbooker
Unregistered guest
Thats great but when I connect it like that and play the movie through me VCR the picture is black and White and there is no sound?

Username: Mistikman

Post Number: 1
ok dybrooker heres what you do...first have your one wire that goes to your TV IN to your VCR OUT...then have your VCR IN go to your Tivo RF OUT
make sure your tv/vcr button is pressed, channel 3
press play and you record your movie

Unregistered guest
I just got dual tuner from comcast, how can i hook up my Sony dvd/vhs player so that I can record off vcr later if I want hard copy? I don't want to make dvd's , just vhs tapes here and there. Thanks

Anonymous

Trouble making VHS off DVR. I have last year's Comcast DVR that only records one show at a time. I wonder if my VCR Daewoo 5280N can record off this DVR. Daewoo has two rca jacks for AV in and out. DVR has tricolor (yellow, red, white) rca jacks in and out (like my older Sony with tricolor rca jacks) as well as coax capable. Which channel should everything be set to, like all on 4?

vietamen
Unregistered guest
I have a DishNetwork DVR, and I was unable to record to my RCA VCR. Is there a way to make it work? It records, but just comes up with blue screen on playback of VHS tape???

Username: Svalu17

Post Number: 1
I have roughly the same problems that are going around here...I have a Toshiba SD-V391 DVD Video Player and Video Cassette Recorder which I would like to hook-up to my Comcast cable box (it is a DVR box), but I don't know which cables should go where and how since there is only one place to hookup the two offered cables? To make this clearer on the Comcast box there is an RF OUT and a CABLE IN, the CABLE IN already has a cable that is connected to a splitter that is connected to the wall (I don't believe that I can mess with that). I know that I would need to connect a cable for IN (ANT) and OUT TV (this one is connected to the TV), however when I connect the IN (ANT to the RF OUT it doesn't work)...any suggestions?

Thanks

vcr
Unregistered guest
Hi!
If the input signal for the DVR comes from the wall, you will have to get the signal from the dvr (RF out) in the TV (RF in) and tune the tv as the dvr is a normal antenna in. If you want to record on vcr and you don't have any line out from the dvr, you should put the RF out from the dvr, in the rf in of the vcr and then the vcr line out, in the tv line in. After that you have to tune in the vcr as the dvr works as a normal station. The rf cable of the dvr must have an end that hooks with the rf out of the dvr and another that hooks with the tv rf in.Usually the dvr has its own tuner and you can change the channel via the remote of the dvr, with the tv/video on the same "station" (the dvr station).

vcr
Unregistered guest
Hi!
In order not to get a blue screnn you have to select the correct line in (where the signal is actually present). If you choose the wrong line in No., you will end up with a blue screen

vcr
Unregistered guest
Hi!
About RCA jacks: On the dvr you have 3 - yellow(video), red(audioR), white(audioL) and on the video you have 2 - yellow(video) and white(audio mono). So, you have to hook line out of the dvr to the line in of the video (yellow to yellow and white to white). You will get only mono sound and not HiFi stereo because you don't have a stereo vcr.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us