Phillips LCD TV not woking as a computer monitor

Username: Vetisme

Post Number: 1
I purchased a Phillips 26 inch LCD TV which has a VGA connection so it can function as a computer monitor. I have followed all the instructions but the TV screen says something to the effect that the TV is not receiving the computer signal ergo it is not functioning as the monitor. I really could use some specific advice as to whether it is a TV or computer problem. The laptop is an older IBM think pad. All the VGA connections are new.

Perrey Z.
Unregistered guest
Some Philips FlatTV will not accept certain devices. Please provide the model number of the TV i might be able to help you.

Post Number: 2
It is a Phillips 26PF8946 LCD High Definition TV. Thanks

Perrey Z.
Unregistered guest
Some LCDs will not work with some desktops, laptops and/or HD tuners., the effects demostrated by their TVs vary depending on the devices and the TVs that's been connected to.

I didn't found enough information about this, but what i got might help resolve your problem.

Connect the laptop to the VGA input first, adjust the compatible resolution and frequency. Switch the input on the TV and make the neccessary adjustments on the TVs PC-A "PC mode" menu.

The TV's VGA input allows the following display modes:

VGA 640 X 480 60Hz.
SVGA 800 X 600 60Hz.
XGA 1,024 X 768 60Hz.

If you did this correctly, you should be able to see the images from the laptop on the TV.

Remember:

If the resolution and frequency from the laptop are set higher than what the TV can display, it won't work.

Post Number: 3
The solution was untimately to use the FN/F8 key on the computer to switch from the CRT screen on the computer to the LCD television. On newer computers you also have to go into the properties menu to adjust the resolution to that acceptable to the LCD television (the TV manual lists those that are acceptable) since newer computers have a higher resolution than that acceptable to the LCD television. It worked great after I did this.

Unregistered guest
I have phillips 37" LCD TV (Model : 37PF7320A). I bought one week back. I am not able to connect my desktop. I have Gainword 128MB graphics card(which has DVI out). My phillips TV has HDMI. I bought the DVI to HDMI converter. It is not working. I tried with following resolution
640 X 480, 800 X 600, 1024 X 768.

Please can you help us out. How to deal with it.

Perrey Z.
Unregistered guest
Do you know if the DVi on the graphics card is HDCP compliant? Is it a DVi input or output? Have you ever had such problems with any other TV?

It it best to use the VGA on the TV when you're connecting a computer., the HDMi on the Philips will not accept any type of computer data., these inputs are only for digital video signals.

Other than that i don't know what else to tell you., this model is brand new so specifications and troubleshooting guides related to computers aren't even printed yet.

Unregistered guest
Now I am getting the image on screen. But I am not able to change the resolution. Right now it fixed with 640 X 480. But TV supports upto 1024 X 720. One more thing, PIP I can see only one picture other window, I am not able to select through remote.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us