Echostar 3800 dv3 mpeg2

Anonymous

Does anyone know if there is a master passcode to unlock parental controls on an ECHOSTAR 3800 DV3 MPEG2 reciever. I've looked all over the net and can't find any place that can give me a straight answer; even more could someone direct me to a website that gives indepth info on the reciever as well?

Silver Member
Username: Maple_leaf

Post Number: 337
al7bar.t*k remove the *

Anonymous

I got your reply, but I don't know what it means. I'm a newbie to this site and don't know anything about satellite reciever programming. Please explain.

LK
Unregistered guest
Go to the link below...these are reputable DSS sites with much more info than here, for newbies who have questions such as yourself...

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/137728.html

Anonymous

Thanks for your help!

Anonymous

I had one more newbie question. Is the EEPROM in my reciever already unlocked or do I have to unlock it. I want to try to access the password from the memory dump display and the instructions that I recieved said it had to be unlocked. If it has to be, how is it done?

just curious
Unregistered guest
Is this an FTA receiver or a Dish receiver that uses plastic cards? I never heard of 3800 Dish receiver.

Anonymous

This is a Dish Network reciever: Echostar 3800 DV3 MPEG2 with a (new) yellow smart card.

LK
Unregistered guest
here's some info on a 3800 and password..

[link removed]&highlight=3800+password

Anonymous

Thanks. If it does'nt work I'll post again.

Anonymous

P.S. I almost forgot. I need to know if the EEPROM for my Echostar 3800 reciever comes locked or unlocked from the factory. All of the instruction that I have recieved to optain the memory dump display says it has to be unlocked to work and I am completely DSS illiterate.

Username: Tonyb32

Post Number: 1
LK, here's an update on the Echostar 3800 situation. I accessed the Memory Dump/Device Status screen via Menu-6-3-Info-Browse-Theme. I then scrolled down to line 01C0. However all the digits on that line were 00000000. The password was not 0000 because I tried it. Do you know if the line holding the password has been moved or changed? Please help.

LK
Unregistered guest
The receiver password is located in the eeprom and is simple as hell to read using hexworkshop.
Remember that the eeprom is only 2K so you can Jtag and read/save the eeprom in mere seconds
if you don't have a copy already. You do NOT need the TSOP file to find the password.

Anyway, just open hexworkshop and then open the eeprom.bin file and you will see two lines in
the top window of hexworkshop. Just scroll down in the eeprom file until you come to this line:

0000031E

Your password will be there in the right window as plain as day. If you look on the line I mentioned
above you will see the password is concealed in the same fashion as it was on 225 and
lower 3X 3X 3X 3X in part of that line.

Dick has simply moved the info from the TSOP to the eeprom with the format unchanged.

I hope this helps some of you that are having problems with this. God knows I have read
dozens of threads on this around the net and I finally got our answer!!!!

Happy testing

2700, 2800, 3700, 3900, 4700, 4900

With your remote control, press:
Menu>6>3>info>Right arrow(browse)>left arrow(theme),
then the memory dump will pop up, using the down arrow key,
go to line #NVM 01C0, and there 4 sets hex # on that line,
and the password # you looking for is on the 3rd set.
you will see something like 12340000, the 1st four # are you password in reverse order,
so your password will is 3412.

DP 301, 3100

With your remote control, press "menu", then "6" (system setup),
then "3"(diagnostics), now press "info", then "right", then "left"
you should be in the Memory Dump Page now,
scroll down (press "down") to line NVM 0320,
look to the 2nd column on right, your 4 digit password should be there,
seperated by 3's
For example, if your password is 9999, the number should look like
this: 39393939........

if you cant find your password,write a virgin eeprom to the ird and the password should be gone.

Username: Tonyb32

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the info. The only problem is I don't have Hexworkshop or a Jtag. Where can I buy these?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us