Mits HUD-62327 Question and concern

Username: Nickso

Post Number: 1
Just picked up a Mits 62" DLP and have some questions that I would like to clarify.

The TV lists 480i, 480P and 1080i compatible signals, but does not list 720p... it states all other DTV signals, such as 720p, need to be converted by the DTV receiver.
Does this mean this TV can't up-convert to 720p? Others have told me this is important for normal and DVD signal viewing.

Also, the sales person told me that I could directly connect my PC to this TV via the DVI input, but the Mits book states "however, this input is not intended for use with personal computers or devices outputting video signals with computer resolution."

I knew normal Satellite would not look really good on this large 62" HD, but the picture I am seeing is really bad.

Thanks in advance for the input, I might be sending this thing back and looking at something else.

Post Number: 2
Sorry, WD-62327

This also has HD2+ which supports 720p, but the specs don't state this.
I'm comp-fused.

thanks again

Username: Dlp4me

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 5
Authentic?

I don't think so, punk imposter!

Nick,

I believe your set is a native 720P display, meaning that it will convert or scale any input signal to it's native 720P display format. Nothing to worry about, there!

I can't help you on connecting a PC to a DVI port.
I've heard of it, though.

Post Number: 3
DLP4me - I'm not so sure it does native 720p.

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 6
Real?

A real phsyco imposter!

Nick,

Yes, it is a 720P display!

"The WD-62327 dosn't simply stop there. Drift in convergence, geometry and focus are elliminated. The extraordinary Mitsubishi 1280 x 720 DLP Light Engine effortlessly produces images that set new, higher standards for brightness, resolution and clarity."

Sorry about the phsyco imposter.
He's been turned in to the moderator.
They are tracking his IP.

Post Number: 4
Should the literature state this, I also don't see any specs on contrast... etc.

thanks again

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 7
I would think so. I googled it. The set is definitely a 720P native display. Adjustments are up to you.
Here's the rest of the description.

"The WD-62327 utilizes Texas Instruments Digital Light Processing technology, making a truly high performance multimedia monitor uniquely capable of stunning high definition video. The WD-62327 is capable of accepting video scanning rates of 480i, 480p, 720p and 1080i."

http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/features/457999868

Post Number: 5
Here is a direct cut and paste from the online Mits book for this TV. No mention of 720p.

"Component InputsThese inputs are compatible with most standard DVD and DTV signals with component video outputs. Compatible DTV signals are SDTV 480i, 480p, and HDTV 1080i.All other DTV signals, such as 720p, need to be converted by the DTV receiver (or compatible device) to one of the compatible signal types. Please check the specifications on your device before connecting."
=====
"DTV InputThese inputs are compatible with most standard DVD and DTV signals with component video outputs. Compatible DTV signals are SDTV 480i, 480p, and HDTV 1080i.All other DTV signals, such as 720p, need to be converted by the DTV receiver (or compatible device) to one of the compatible signal types. Please check the specifications on your device before connecting."
====
"Input when Used With DVI• HDCP compliant• E-EDID (Enhanced-Extended Display Identification) 1.3 compliant DVI-D uncompressed, high-speed, digital single-link connection• Compatible scan rates are 1080i, 480p, 480i"
====

Here is the link to the PDF:
http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/common/getfile.asp?uuid={58039221-4EFE-48E2-85E8-56FA290FD58D}

I'm still not sure.........

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 10
Nick,

I don't know any other way to tell you that your set has a "Mitsubishi 1280x720p Proprietary DLP Light Engine".

When you read 1280x720P it most definitely means the set is a native 720P display, period.

It will accept all current signal formats and will scale them to 720P because that's the only format the set will display. It's that simple.

Here is the Mitsu link.

http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/televisions/details.asp?id=172
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us