42" updated showdown: Panasonic vs LG vs ???

Unregistered guest
Hi - For the people that actually own the 42" LG ( DU-42PX12XC or otherwise) and the 42" Panasonic various models with 1028x768 res, I am interested in your "review". In reading many of the threads and posts here and on other sites, the Panny gets consistently good reviews, although the LG's are up and coming(QUICKLY) and seem to have a bit better stats - but current/updated opinions are harder to find than you would think.
Consumer Reports and cnet dont really seem to have great info to me since I picture them doing weekend tests with their interns and really just scratching the surface as oppossed to you who have them and have evaluated them for a while now (hopefully). :-)
Any info or recommendations on this topic would be appreciated... prices continue to drop and I am pulling the trigger soon.
THANKS!

Unregistered guest
no replies.... oh well.

Perrey Z.
Unregistered guest
I bought the LG DU-42PY10X with built-in HD tuner and CableCARD ready. 2-days before the schedule delivery date i return to the store and cancel the order.

I wanted to see the rest of the 2005 42" and 50" sets that will be release by Panasonic, Philips HP and Samsung starting with the Panasonic TH-42PX500 on June 30th and ending with the Philips Streamium FlatTV 42PF9830A and 50PF9830A on September before making my next Plasma or LCD purchase.

And i was right, the models that are coming ARE better and cheaper than what's currently been offered at the store i get them from.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us