VCR repair question

jls4561
Unregistered guest
We have a little Hitachi TV/VCR combo which is about eight years old. I wanted to record something, got a new tape, put the tape in, programmed it and turned the TV off. Next time I tried to turn the TV on, the tape made what seemed to be a whirring noise, the screen turned on for about 15 seconds and then shut itself off. I tried turning it on again, both with the remote and then with the on button. Same thing. I tried unplugging the TV in the hopes that resetting the CPU would help. Same thing.
I have the feeling that maybe the problem is somehow related to the el cheapo VCR tape but I also realize that the problem could be entirely unrelated to it.
Has anyone ever had a similar problem? Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Unregistered guest
i have the SAME problem!!! i too have a hitachi vcr combo tv (about the same age).

my husband was watching a video (not a cheapo tape but rather a very old overused tape). after about an hour, the tv just turned itself off and now does the same exact thing as yours - turn it on and it will shut itself off after a few seconds.

i've unplugged it, tried remote on/off button and buttons on the tv etc. and i'm getting the same results as you. i've been trying very hard to eject the tape as i too feel it is the problem.

has anyone emailed you about a fix?

Unregistered guest
Panasonic PV-D4743S VCR/DVD combo. The audio buzzes in hi-fi mode. Only way to stop w/o playing audio in "Normal" mode is to use tracking control, but result is a continuing video hash line about 2/3 way up the screen. This compromise sometimes doesn't work, and audio slips back into error. This is the second one I've owned that does this. Why buy again? Need LP record speed. Can U help?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us