Help..with connecting a Plasma and Receiver..Help

Unregistered guest
I have a plasma display-PDP-504CMX and I have a Pioneer Elite receiver model VSX-47TX. I have also have a Pionner Elite DVD player model number DV47A. I tried hooking up the monitor output part on the receiver (component outputs) to the component inputs on the plasma (5004 board) but I get no picture. How do I get a picture using the DVD that is hooked to the receiver (via component cables as well) and the receiver that is hooked to the plasma monitor. I get sound since the receiver is hooked to my speakers, but no piture. I have also tried the television outputs on the receiver as well but no picture from the DVD player. I have double checked the connections as well....HELP!

Melanie

Username: Tuacamo

Kansas city, Missouri Usa

Post Number: 6
Melanie:

I am having a similar problem with my connections. If your plasma display has RGB inputs connect the DVD player directly to the plasma and run RGB (component) connection from the receiver to the TV. If you have optical inputs (fiber optic) run that from the DVD player to the receiver (for audio).

If you are running all this through a digital cable box you should run RGB from the DVD player to the TV, and RGB from the Cable box to the TV, then run optical cables from the cable box and dvd player to the receiver for audio. Also check the menu on your TV to make sure you have it on the right component setting. Hope this helps.

Bet
Unregistered guest
Unable to program Panasonic remote to turn on my Phillips satellite box. Need codes correct codes.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us