What cable RG6 or Belten-T 9116

Anonymous

hey iam using a belten-t 9116 cable for my dish intallation...i live on the first floor and the dish is on the 4th floor....

when i look at the signal in the roof top...i get 90 95 percent of the signal.....but when i try the receiver in the house i get....70 percent.....someone told me that i should get RG6 cable.....

i thought that belten-T 9116 was RG6/U

is there a better cable than RG6....and dose the rg6 cable say satellite on it..

all the cables and the intalltions are new i one 2 dishes...as well....

also is there a specific LNB that i could use to optain more signal.....

LK
Unregistered guest
U have double posted this question already and been answered..READ THE RULES here!

RG6 says RG6 on it!....and it can be used with cable TV,so its NOT satellite only..and its the best and thickest gauge,compared to R59 cable..changing LNB types will NOT give U a stronger signal..U're problem is U have too long of a cable run (roof to 1st floor)..the longer run, the weaker the signal...but 70% will be OK ..and never heard of that cable U are using,but if it runs 75-100 ft like U indicate (again roof to 1st floor),then it must be pretty good (70%),but maybe not the best....bad connections/connectors/splits etc also will weaken your signal..

Anonymous

thanks LK...

but like is there a way to increase the signal with some type of connector...or is there a switch that will increase the signal.....

because i was at someones house the other day and they live in the 1rst floor and the dish is on the 7th floor and they got 95 percent of the signal...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us