Samsung 26" widescreen 16:9 HDTV monitor

Username: Xplode

Post Number: 4
well, it is a HDTV-Ready monitor, nope sadly its not built in, the picture is absolutely beautiful on it.. waht im saying is can i just buy ANY old receiver, and it will convert any Simulcast shows into HD rite? via the digital cable?

http://product.samsung.com/cgi-bin/nabc/product/b2c_product_detail.jsp?eUser=&pr od_id=TXN2668WHFXXAA that i believe is the identical one im gonna buy at the store..

Input connections 2 sets 1080i/480p/480i(Y/Pb/Pr)
S-Video Input 1 Side
1 rear A/V Fixed monitor output
Side A/V input
3 rear A/V composite inputs
Stereo headphone jack on side
RF input rear

I noticed that it doesnt have 720p.. is that a huge thing? well il let you guys add your insight into what i should look for.. thanks again

Post Number: 5
http://product.samsung.com/cgi-bin/nabc/product/b2c_product_detail.jsp?eUser=&pr od_id=TXN2668WHFXXAA fixed link

Username: Bionicsniper

Des Moines, Iowa USA

Post Number: 5
theres 2 different series of samsungs dyna flat hdtv's

monitors
and ones with decoders

IF you get a reciver and you have a HDTV package on your digital cable then you can get the shows in hd.

Also that tv will convert any other signals (aka 720p) to 1080i.

SO to answer your question
YES

Post Number: 10
without an hdtv package to view shows on say nbc abc like CSI which is simulcast in hd.. how can i watch those ones because im not getting an hd package i dont think for a while

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
k, well i bought an HDTV with a built in tuner, also samsung , http://product.samsung.com/cgi-bin/nabc/product/b2c_product_detail.jsp?eUser=&pr od_id=TXP2670WHX%2fXAA Do i still need an HD antenna to get the over the air signals or just when i flip onto ABC with CSI it will then become HD ? because of the internal OAM and ATSC tuners

HD Guy
Unregistered guest
Good boy. I see that you posted on 2 different threads here. Yes, you would need an HD antenna (basically, a UHF antenna with a fancier name). Depends on you location, you may want to try out different ones at different locations (remember the old good days before cable TV?). Your TV should do an autosearch for HD signals. If it doesn't, try put in the channel # and add "-1". For example, your regular local CBS is channel 4, you may have to put in "4 - 1" to get to the HD frequency. Read the manual. Or you may want to investigate into the possibility mentioned by fx in the other thread about clear carry of local network HD.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
can you expand on this "4-1" issue. where would i do that.. on the TV? thru the antenna? im super noob when it comes to this and im trying to grasp it as quick as i can so bare with me lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Im getting Digital cable (not HD) installed in about 5 days... i will then have a Digital Cable "BOX" will that be sufficent instead of buying an Antenna? ive been reading you can use that as the antenna but plz let me know if thats wrong... otherwise ima get the antenna soon

HD Guy
Unregistered guest
DC, where you live and which is your cable co. have a lot to do with you getting to watch the network HD.
Do yourself a favor and talk to your cable co. to find out if you can get the "basic" HD service to add on to you digital cable service without any or too much extra charges. If it is too much according to your budget, then go the antenna route. Try this link: http://www.antennasdirect.com/hdtv_antenna_selector.html

Networks broadcast their HD signal at a different frequency from their SD channels. However, they remap the HD channel # back to the analog channel # but add the "-". For some TV, if you want to go to HD channel equivalent of channel 4, you'd punch "4-1" in your remote. Refer to you TV owner's manual.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Yah, i see what you mean, i have Comcast Soon to be Digital.. i ugess il ask the tech if im home when he installs it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Heres a screen shot of the results of the antenna web selector of what area it and what not.. and the channels it found i believe theyre the OTA ones. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/xplode/Untitled-1copy.jpg

HD Guy
Unregistered guest
Good luck and enjoy your new TV.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
thanks for your help man.. much appreciated .. :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
No where in my manual does it say anything about the 4.1 or.. "4-1" can somone explain how i go about this because i want to watch a HD show tomorrow and wanna make sure i get it rite, il be buying my HD ANTENNA tomorrow to get it all set up... if i just run a scan thru the HD Antenna will it automaticall just pick up the "HD" channel the (4-1, 4.1) version?

Peas
Unregistered guest
Patience grashopper, buy your equipment first, ask questions later.

Peas

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 315
Here we go again with the smart a$$, useless comments from Peas, I'd be wary of Peas, his advice has "proven" to be questionable in the past,present and future.

dC, usually, networks broadcast their HD channels on a different channel than the standard content. You can find quite a bit of helpful info here : http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/
hope this helps.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 704
And if you buy Samsung, say yes to the extended warranty. You will probably need it.

Peas
Unregistered guest
"his advice has "proven" to be questionable in the past,present and future."

Now Joe is a fuking psychic and can predict the future, go figure! I gave sound advice for this poster to quit triple posting the same questions over and over and over in 3 seperate threads until he actually buys something. Joe stay away from where you have no clue.

Peas

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
haha i wouldnt have to if the forum wasnt so slow to have you guys respond.., i wanted a response so i did what was needed to get one...

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 329
"stay away from where you have no clue"??? what does that mean?? Peas, I am truly sorry you have to resort to unsavory language to get your point across, but I do feel that you comments are useless and deserve checks and balances so that you don't teach more people to be as balmy as you are.

dC you are not at fault here. You just have to understand there are some foolish, lonely people on this forum that need attention but try to get it by being derisive toward folks such as yourself.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
yeah i understand haha.. there are always a few.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us