Panasonic DMR-E95HS Picture Quality

RJS
Unregistered guest
Has anyone else experienced a drop in picture quality (significant) when simply turning on their TV while the DVD is recording to hard drive? I've reconnected the cable in directly to the DVR (rather than through the VCR) and I'm using component video cables to TV, but it doesn't seem to matter, as soon as you turn on the TV to watch, the recording quality gets fuzzy / snowy? Panasonic support says I need to take it in for service, but I'm not sure the rep really understood the problem... any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: R1t1joby

Post Number: 31
"...while the DVD is recording to hard drive"???

What DVD?
Are you talking about recording from a DVD-R?
If you are "dubbing" a DVD-R into your hard drive you are always going to lose a little quality especially if it's in any other mode less than SP.

The only way you can transfer stuff straight from disc without losing any quality is with DVD-RAM discs using the high speed mode which basically transfers the data straight from the disc into your hard drive.

Also, I don't know if this is much help but I recently bought a 27" Panasonic TV and it had a snowy picture. I took it back for a cheaper brand TV and there is no snow at all.
But this did not have anything to do with recording.
The Panasonic TV had snow whether recording or not.

Also, talking to Panasonic support reps is useless. "Take it in for service" is the only line they're qualified (trained) to say.

I called one once & ended up telling them how to fix my problem from things I found on the net.

Pan rep: "Hmm, I never heard of that one before. Where on the net did you find this out at?"

Me: "Ubb, in a simple net search from about a dozen different sources."

Pan rep: "Really? Hmm, I'll have to check into that."

Bronze Member
Username: Bhumi44

Ahmedabad, Gujarat India

Post Number: 11
Dear sir,

We have this service manual in stock.
kindly contect us on info@bhumitapes.com or bhumi44@rediffmail.com

thanking you
kirit shah

RJS
Unregistered guest
Sorry folks, I mis-typed in my original post, the problem occurs when the TV is turned on while a TV show is being recorded to the HDD. It also is apparent when just watching TV through the DVR, yet under most conditions my reception and picture quality is very good to excellent. Again, any thoughts about connections, etc would be much appreciated. Thanks

Username: Nickyt

EdinburghScotland

Post Number: 2
Sorry to be obvious but I usually just leave my tv on standby...

Do you have the option of connecting via scart to your tv?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us