Will HD Help

Username: Bxga

Marietta, Ga USA

Post Number: 6
This may be a stupid question, but I'll ask any way...If I use a Comcast HD Receiver with my 52" big screen-non HD will I see an improved picture
Thanks In Advance

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 666
If the programming is in HD definitely. If not, may not see much improvement.

HD Guy
Unregistered guest
I doubt that it would improve the PQ in your non-hd TV. I assume your non-hd tv does not have either component nor DVI inputs. If you connect your HD receiver to the TV via S-video or composite (RCA) connection, you would get the same old SD picture. Remember, you are as weak as your weakest link.

I don't have Comcast so I am not 100% sure about this. I don't think Comcast carries HD channels through its S-video or RCA outputs.

Silver Member

Post Number: 668
"I don't have Comcast so I am not 100% sure about this. I don't think Comcast carries HD channels through its S-video or RCA outputs."

Not possible to transmit HD signal through S-video or RCA (non-component) outputs. Figured you would know that "HD" Guy.

HD Guy
Unregistered guest
Unlike many people in this forum, I don't give out advices which I am not absolutely sure about. Even though I am quite sure that is the case but since I don't subscribe to Comcast, I can't be 100%. I am glad that you picked up on this point and to know that your statement "If the programming is in HD definitely" is not true at all in this case.

fx
Unregistered guest
I'll sing the same song as Dale and offer the reason to boot. HD is an all digital signal and neither an S-Video input nor an RCA input can decode any signal that is not analog.

One small caveat, since an HD signal normally uses more bandwidth it is "possible" that even the analog converted signal will look crisper and have a bit more detail.

xvxvxvx

Silver Member

Post Number: 672
fx is exactly right. Forgot to mention that point. Thanks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 673
HD Guy what do you mean? If you have HD equipment and an HD signal and there is not an obvious improvement in picture quality over standard definition, either something is wrong with the equipment, the signal or both. Or you simply are unable to see the difference due to extremely limited eyesight. I would posit this statement as an axiom.

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 300
Don't be so caprice Dale.

Silver Member

Post Number: 674
Was I really?

HD Guy
Unregistered guest
I have seen enough pissing contests in this forum and I don't want to get into one. However, I think a basic reading comprehension class is in order for many people.

The question was "can the picture be improved by using a hd receiver but with a non-hd tv?" and Dale's answer was "if the programming is in HD, definitely".

I pointed out that HD programming is not carried thru the S-video or composite RCA outputs (the connections that Douglas could use on a non-hd tv and both Dale and fx concurred), hence Douglas would not see any improvement even if the programming is in hd (actually, he wouldn't see any of the HD programming at all).

Silver Member

Post Number: 676
HD Guy. If what you say is true, then when I make a standard DVD recording from a satellite HD source using the S-video connection, the recording would be of no better quality than one made from the same program but broadcast in standard definition. I can assure you that is not the case. My DVD recordings from HD sources are siginificantly better than those from a non HD source using the same DVD recorder and same connection. Why do you consider this a "pissing contest" when it is only a debate about video quality? It's not the lack of reading comprehension that is the problem. It's thin skinned posters who take personal offense when some one disagrees with them.

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 303
Dale! you work at home too.

Silver Member

Post Number: 679
Nope. Try to log on during breaks. Good stress relief for the work I do.

HD Guy
Unregistered guest
First I have bad eyesight and now I am thin skinned. You are starting to sound like my wife.

Actually Dale, you agreed with what I said about HD programs are not being carried via the S-video or RCA connection. I was the one who disagreed with your statment about HD programs would improve the picture when viewing with a non-hd tv. So your thing about thin skinned people who cannot stand disagreement should rest squarely on yourself.

Enough said. Read the original question again and apply logic, not prophecy, to answer it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 681
Thanks for your lecture. I'll give it the exact consideration I believe it deserves.

Bronze Member
Username: Bhumi44

Ahmedabad, Gujarat India

Post Number: 17
Dear sir,
we have this manual in ready stock kindly send 10$(Usd) by paypal o.r westorn union
so i send manual by download link.

My paypal add. is d4deshi2000@yahoo.com

Thanking you
kirit shah
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us