Audio sync issues with Samsung DLP

Username: Pinbyte

Post Number: 1
I am just a few hours into owning a Samsung HL-P5674W. After months of looking, I chose it primarily because of its picture (due to superior HD2+ DLP), and I could get it locally at Costco (in case I needed to return it). While I cannot complain about the picture (yet), I am astonished at the audio sync problem.

This is NOT the audio sync problem I've seen discussed in this forum. I would not be surprised if the picture lagged behind the audio I fed directly from DVD to stereo system. This is NOT it.

The audio from the internal speakers lags behind the audio coming from the audio output jacks in the back of the set. EVEN WHEN USING RF AS THE SOURCE, speaker audio and audio out audio are not in sync!

When using AV inputs with an old DVD player, I found that internal speaker audio lags behind the video (not the other way around) AND the DVD audio. In other words, with TV speakers off, I get better syncronization through my stereo even though audio and video go through separate paths.

I can find no way to synchronize the built in speakers with any audio I've tried, even that coming from the TV itself. I had considered using the TV as the center 5.1 channel, but that idea has gone out the window.

Has anybody noticed the same thing?
Anybody got any ideas to work around this or should I just forget the TV has internal speakers?

Anonymous

I have had my 5674 for about 4 months and the only time I get an audio sync problem is when I have the TV speakers on at the same time as the stereo speakers. When using one or the other separately I have no problems. As for the picture I had to adjust the color setting because with the factory settings there was the rainbow effect. After that I have just been sitting back and enjoying. Best money I ever spent.

Username: Klaus

Holiday, FL USA

Post Number: 1
Pinbyte:
Audio sync through internal speakers is easily adjustable by a service tech through the service menu. There is even a FAQ on the samsung support website about the issue. Since it's a new set , call Samsung service
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us