Dvi/hdm adapter and power filter

Username: Iris1971

Post Number: 1
I am considering buying a Toshiba 52hm84 but there are 2 items that I don't know what they do or if they are necessary. Of course the saleman says they are!

1: DVI/HDM adapter. what does it do and is it necessary?

2: power filter. sounds like a fancy surge protector to me. would this be required beyond the monster surge protector i already have?

thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 663
Does your tv have an HDMI or DVI input? Power filter not needed.

Username: Iris1971

Post Number: 2
not sure what type of input it has. is one preferred over the other? it has built in hdtv tuner. do you think hdtv is really better than edtv? it seems like i could see a difference in the store but maybe it's just my mind telling me hdtv is better.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 671
OK. If it has a built in HDTV tuner, good possibility it has DVI or HDMI input (providing make and model number would be helpful). You need to match the DVD player output to the tv input. If they do not match, you can purchase the appropriate cable (HDMI to DVI) or adapter (I prefer cables). Another connection possibility if DVD player does not have DVI or HDMI output is to connect using component cables. Yes, hdtv is "better" than edtv because it is considerably more detailed and life like. Good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us