Component video into Panasonic PTL-701u

Username: Ls1115

Post Number: 1
I have recently retired my Panasonic PTL-701 projector from office use (connected to a computer's monitor output for presentations) to home theater use. The projector has performed pretty well over the last 3 years with a direct RGB input, but now I have been trying to connect it to my DVD player's component video output using an HD15 cable with three RCA plugs at one end (the projector has no RCA component inputs) with no results.

The manual says the projector will switch automatically from RGB to Y-Pb-Pr (component) depending on the signal being fed to either of the two RGB inputs, but I get no picture at all. No manual component/RGB switching is provided (except for HDTV sources).

I tried using a DVDV iScan Pro de-interlacer, which can be switched from RGB to component from its HD-15 output, but the picture from the projector is all green at this setting.

The projector gives an excellent picture at its S-video input, with automatic aspect ratio adjustment and PAL/NTSC switching. Direct RGB will not "desqueeze" anamorphic pictures, but color detail is appreciably better than S video. I imagine I would also get better color performance from a component source, which, according to the manual can be switched manually to 16x9.

Any suggestions before sending the projector to a service shop?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us