Who has Bought a Tv from HDTVtime.com

Username: Elloco07

Post Number: 1
Hello Everyone
I was just wondering if anyone has bought a TV from hdtvtime.com, their prices are to good to be true. I cannot find any sites that has reviewed them. So if anyone has any info, please post back. I am sure other members would like to know as well. Thanks

Perrey Z.
Unregistered guest
Beware of offers that sound extremely good, if something goes wrong, and they aren't authorized resellers and you need service during the 1-year {warranty} period, the manufacturer will not honor it.

Prices that are very low and "juicy" as i call them are usually from online retailers located in Brooklyn, most fo these aren't authorized. Check with the manufacturer for the current status of the reseller.

Not many people take this in consideration, but an authorized online dealer can loose their status at anytime. This usually happens when they sell the merchandise below certain price or when they violate or brake the manufacturer's guidelines/policies.

OR... they might only be authorized for certain product lines, but not all from he same manufacturer. An example of this is http://www.dtvcity.com/ which is authorized to sell the Panasonic Viera and Plasma Pro lines series, but is NOT authorized to sell the Onyx XVS series. The same thing with the Hitachi units, commercial units, yes., domestic xxHDT51, xxHDX61, no.

So it's best to check with the manufacturer before ANY online purchase.

Anonymous

They are pretty terrible ...
I ordered the product on May 2nd, and tried calling them to ask for information on the order a couple of days later. I could not reach a live person. No voice mail, no nothing. Phone would just ring and ring. I sent an email . NEVER got a response. Finally went and clicked on the live help icon on their site. It worked, and I was told the product was shipped May 4th, and usually took 10-15 days to be delivered. On May 24th, I tried calling again, and got the same ring ring ring. I went back online with the live help "chat" service, and was told that the product would be arriving soon as it had been shipped to the local shipper on the 20th. I waited a couple of days, and live chatted back ( didnt even try calling anymore), and had to ask for the phone number of the local shipper. I got that, called the loval shipper, and they said they did not have record of the product arriving, and would call me back after researching. A week later ( may 31st), I called them again, and they told me they had just recieved the product on th 27th ( contradicting what HDTVtime told me). As of this writing I still dont have my product I ordered a full 30 days ago. Also, within 2 weeks fo ordering the product price dropped by $300 on the web site. When I "chatted" in to ask for the lowered price since I still hadnt even recieved the product, they pointed me to some fine print on a terms and conditions page burried in thier site saying that the purchase price was final. Thats just TERRIBLE customer service.

Username: Dave168

Post Number: 1
Looks like I am in for the same run-around. They eventually connect you to a recording after about 15 rings which tells you no one is available to talk. Their live help guy is a dam lier. He told me that they would ship the item to me within 3 days after receiving my billing info. It is 9 days since the order went in and they now tell me this item is on order and will be shipped in 2 to 3 days after they receive it. I tried to do everything right and have been jerked around with lies and "canned responses" to questions. My recommendation is to avoid these guys at all costs. They do not deserve anyones business

Anonymous

Add me to the list of victims.... I "bought" from them because I got the same treatment from another online merchant called electrodiscounts. They assured me product was in stock, ready to ship, etc. The one good thing is they haven't charged my card but we'll see what happens when I try to cancel my order.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us