Atmega Vs ISO Programmer Vs FTA?

Question
Unregistered guest
Hello everyone, this is my first post here after three days of reading and being a little more educated then I was before, but still just about as confused as when I started. I have a few questions that I have not been able to find a straigt forward answer to. What is the best soulution and investment for the short term and long term? I have been looking at the Atmega cards, an ISO programmer as a short term and FTA receivers as a possible long term solution. But with the swith to Nagra 2, what has the best possibility of working in the future? I know that is probbably the question on everyones mind, but maybe I missed something? I have a current sub to dishnetwork and plan on keeping it, but I wanted to experiment a little while there was still something to experiment with. I already have the new cards and also have my old blue cards to play with, but I was looking at the Atmega which comes with a programmer and has the ability to autoroll? The cards I was looking at come with no software and I see lots of files fot the atmega but what is the current files I need to install on the card? (autoroll, keys, ect.?) Also the Can an ISO card be programed to autoroll? Which is less prone to an ECM? Do I need a digital lock and a Jtag with either? I am not really looking to buy a FTA receiver right now but possibly in the future and was wondering what channels you can receive FTA, without moding and I guess pretty much everything with moding, also will an FTA rec. still be functional after the switch to N2 for any FTA channels? I think that covers my questions for right now. So what would be the best road to travel getting in this late in the game? I thank you for restraing your uge to flame me for asking such peep questions, but you have to start somewhere.

LK
Unregistered guest
FTA is fairly limited after August when Dishnetwork switches to nagra2..There are other FREE channels on TRUE FTA satellites etc but U really won't being seeing much TV then on them..

Dishnet with the plastic (cards)has the best chance of ever being hacked,in my opinion..keep your current sub,because Dishnet is now sending out cardless receivers to new customers..atmeha with programmer is the cheapest way to go for now...it will take U probably a good heavy month of reading and testing to eventually understand this,so your time til August is very limited..hacking Dishnet is not easy,and takes time to learn ...FTA is extremely easy but not worth it now (unless U can pick up a used Pansat 2500 for $40 somewhere) and has little future compared to Dishnet receivers with plastic,I believe..If U decide to go with atmega,then use a reputable DSS forums for files and help....there are NO files here and very little help and little Dishnet plastic knowledge here...many great sites are listed at www.satscam.com ...LINKS...good luck

Question
Unregistered guest
Well that kind of confirms what I was starting to understand. I think the best answer for me is an atmeg which I can get for about $20, do I need a digital lock with one of those? And is the Jtag used for anything other than reading the IRD boxkeys? I see you can make a Jtag, looks very simple. I also read some mention of fixing the IRD chip form an ECM with a Jtag? And what is the difference between a buffered vs. non-buffered Jtag aside from the obvious? Is any of this(lock, jtag) a concern with the atmeg? I think I am closer to understanding but the pieces are still jumbled up and I think I am still missing a couple of them too.

LK
Unregistered guest
again...U are in the wrong forums for these answers...go to a reputable site as I mentioned...dsscommunity.co m has a great newbie file for testing Dishnet..its called "2004 testers bible" and its in the File share Dish/Bev area there..it explains about the different ways of testing Dishnet (atmega,Avr,magic cards, roms,jtags,box locks and keys etc)

Question
Unregistered guest
Well LK I did as you suggested and that was excellent reading. However I am not getting any help from my post at dsscom. The bible did not mention the dig lock. What is that used for? Also while I am still leaning towards the Atmeg, I see this card emulates a ROM 3 cam, thus after the switch to N2 it would be entirely useless, is that correct? Is the programmer that comes with the atmeg (the one the card slides into) capable of programing a regular ISO cam card? What can I use to program a cam card? Thanks for the help.

LK
Unregistered guest
again use one of the many reputable sites for that info...dsscommunity.co m also has a live chat area to get info..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us