Philips 51PW9303/17F Died!

Username: Elkm_2

Post Number: 1
I'm new to this site and looking for ANY answers anyone can offer. Purchased my 51 Rear Projection TV (51PW9303/17F) on 8/20/04. Since then I have only watched the set 5-6 times a month at most. On 4/17/05 the set just shut off and would not come back on no matter what I did. Since it was well under the one-year manufacturers warranty on the set, I called Philips for service. Well, my set has been in the shop since 4/19/05! After calling the repair shop at least a dozen times, I was finally told that the overall issue is a manufacturers defect and they are waiting on an LSB Board and coordinating parts. Well...DAH!!! Calling Philips directly has been a bed of roses either! Both their Customer Support and Consumer Relations Department have as recent as yesterday advised that that there is no ETA on the parts required to repair my TV as my particular model is discontinued. What's worse is I was told that the resolution to my case is now pending in Philips "Level 2 Escalation" to determine "IF" they will authorize replacing the damaged set or continue the waiting game on the parts. And, in either case, the decision could take up to an additional three to four weeks.

Does or has ANYONE out there had this or similar experience? And, if so, what was your outcome or whom have you been dealing with at Philips? Names, Addresses and Numbers -- PLEASE!

R in Canada
Unregistered guest
Reply to KC.
Good to know this info as I was thinking of buying the exact same one on display from Walmart here in Canada.The thing is that if it goes dead in the 1 year as yours did they will replace it with another model if you wish and no waiting for repaires.

Username: Elkm_2

Post Number: 2
Well, R - Replacement is seemingly RARE! However, my TV has since been repaired. On 5/23/05 I phoned Philips' Level 2 Escalation Unit - (866-845-3578 if anyone is interested). Oddly and miraculously the parts became available, my TV repaired and returned that very same day. The TV "SO FAR" works as it should and the repairs are guaranteed for 90 days. But, given this ordeal and extended warranty will definately be purchased.

Good luck on your purchase R...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us