Pan E85H~Why editing has Audio Fades?

Bronze Member
Username: R1t1joby

Post Number: 28
When Editing on the Panasonic DMD E85H, the audio fades out & back in during the cuts. This isn't bad for cutting out commercials but is bad for editing scenes, etc especially if there is music in the background, which fades to silence then unfades back in all of which is about a second or so of complete silence.

Is there any way to get around this audio fade when editing on the Panasonic machine?

Or would it be better to edit the VOB file on a computer through the RAM disc situation?

I would rather solve the audio fade problem on the Panasonic, if that is possible.

Does anyone know if that is possible, or perhaps there is a setting to stop the audio fades that I don't know about.

Bronze Member
Username: Tlstrieg

Post Number: 30
This probably won't be of any help, but I've not noticed any audio fade when I use the "Shorten" function on my E85. Is that when this occurs?

Granted, I mostly record movies and use "shorten" to delete the beginning and end overrun stuff. I've only edited out commercials in the middle of a program once. Still, I didn't notice any problem with the audio while doing so.

Tom

fx
Unregistered guest
"Is there any way to get around this audio fade when editing on the Panasonic machine? "

Nope, this is the way it is due to the frame editing method implemented by Panasonic (and most other stand alone dvd recorder manufacturers as well).

"Or would it be better to edit the VOB file on a computer through the RAM disc situation?"

Not just better, pretty much your only solution is to do the editing on a PC.

xvxvxvx

Bronze Member
Username: R1t1joby

Post Number: 30
R T asked:
"Or would it be better to edit the VOB file on a computer through the RAM disc situation?"

fx replied:
~ Not just better, pretty much your only solution is to do the editing on a PC. ~

There is only one problem with that.

After the VOB was edited on the PC, and you managed to store the edited VOB file on a DVD-RAM disc through an external DVD RAM writer, how would you get the VOB file back into the Panasonic E85H hard drive?

Is the Panasonic E85H going to read the content of a DVD RAM disc that was burned from a computer?

fx
Unregistered guest
R T,

The E85 allows you to dub from RAM back onto the HDD, you then could dub a DVD-r. One caveat would be that you need the RAM data to be in the same format that the Panny used in the original burn.

xvxvxvx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us