Getting Direct TV in an apartment

Username: Fhahnel

Post Number: 1
Help: I'm a newbie to this. Moving to an apt. for two months (between homes right now). They offer a monthly sub to Direct TV for 41.99. THey'll offer the first receiver for 9.99 month rental. However they want $89 for each additional receivers (I neeed two and that's extortion). What I need help with is just want two cheap receivers. Looked on Ebay and prices all over the map and the talk about access cards,etc.
What do I need to know to buy two cheap receivers I'm only going to use for two months?

LK
Unregistered guest
$41.99 is no deal,its standard price directly from DTV..DTV charges nothing extra for 1st receiver and only $5 month for each additional receiver and access card (P5)...The apartment is offering U no deals,but probably have exclusive contract with DTV,so U must buy only from them,and DTV will probably not let U subscribe directly from them..

Any Directv (DTV) receiver will work,but U need the access cards which U will probably have to pay for to the apartment manager..talk to manager and ask him if U can buy receivers from Ebay or elsewhere..I bet he still charges U the same rate no matter if U get your own receivers elsewhere..

LK
Unregistered guest
$41.99 is no deal,its standard price directly from DTV..DTV charges nothing extra for 1st receiver and only $5 month for each additional receiver and access card (P5)...The apartment is offering U no deals,but probably have exclusive contract with DTV,so U must buy only from them,and DTV will probably not let U subscribe directly from them..

Any Directv (DTV) receiver will work,but U need the access cards which U will probably have to pay for to the apartment manager..access cards from Ebay or anywhere else other than DTV or the apartment provided will not work!...talk to manager and ask him if U can buy receivers from Ebay or elsewhere..I bet he still charges U the same rate just for the access cards, no matter if U get your own receivers elsewhere..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us