Samsung HL-P5685W

Username: Hilllado

Kamloops, BC Canada

Post Number: 2
Hi, I posted in the wrong place. So I have copied it here where it should be. Sorry about that.
Hello All
I just found this BBS and thought I would begin a new thread. I have bought a new 56" DLP. Bought in the beginning of May. So far it has been working flawlessly. I noticed today what I thought was a bit of a problem. I have two Satellite systems hooked into a Yamaha HTR-5750 Surround system. One in the DTV/CBL input and one in the DVD input then out to the tv. We had recorded a program on our VHS from Bell Expressve (which is the DVD input) and when we started to watch it, there is a white bar on the top of the screen. I have not noticed this before. I was wondering what was happening. Then I switched over to the other Satellite system and the white bar was gone. I then switched over to the Expressuv Sat and the line appeared again. Would anyone know if I am hooked up wrong or not? If you want, you can email me direct also. Anyway we are happy so far with the set.
Larry

FYI
Unregistered guest
I've seen that white bar with a DVI/HDMI connection, but not with component cables.

Username: Hilllado

Kamloops, BC Canada

Post Number: 3
Hi. Well I guess I figured it out. It seems we were having a little bad weather here in Kamloops and at that time we were recording that show. Well tonight (Bad weather is gone) the white bar is gone. I take it the the weather effected only the Canadian Sat signal and not the American Sat signal. I have not seen this with a regular TV. Hopefully I am right.

FYI
Unregistered guest
Glad that worked out for you!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us