RCA Scenium hd50lpw164 Green Horizontal stripe problem

Username: Bennygordon

Post Number: 1
I have been having a problem with my RCA Scenium hd50lpw164 it is only 2 months old and I have a green stripe that floats from the bottom to top of the tv screen. I took it to an RCA dealer and they couldn't find anything wrong with it. When I took it home the green stripe reappered. Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem could be??? Please I need help!!!! Could you please send me an email if you have any ideas......

PFC5
Unregistered guest
Does it ALWAYS show this green stripe when you watch it at home?

Does it show up on ALL inputs, or just one input (which one)?

Does it do this with different sources? Try using a DVD, cable box, and direct feed from the 75 ohm cable line before going into the cable box.

If you try ALL of these things to do some troubleshooting, you can narrow the problem down so the repairman can reproduce the problem.

If it does it ALL the time on only one source you can explain this to them and maybe they can see the problem. If it only does it with the cable box, try having the cable company change the box.

I had the same exact TV and found it had a better picture than any other HD3 chip based TV out there, but I was told by BestBuy that I was buying the HD50LPW162 with the better HD2+ chip, so I swapped it out with them.

Of course if you bought it recently you could return it for a different TV. I see that you have had it for 2 months (past the 30 day return), but if the problem was there BEFORE the 30 days were up, and can document it (service order at repair center) then they will still accept the return with some firm toned demands. DO it during a busy time in front of a lot of customers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us