LCD vs DLP When Watching HD Sports

HD Sports Lover
Unregistered guest
I've been going back and forth between the Samsung HL-R5067W and the Sony KDF-50WEG655. They both look great, but I haven't seen either play HD sport broadcasting. Can anyone shed their opinion on which is better for HD Sports.

Klaus
Unregistered guest
I have an HLP-4674 Samsung which is absolutely awesome for HD sports. I cannot comment on the Sony, but some LCD sets seem to have pixel lag so that fast motion is somewhat blurry. Also beware of screen door effect on LCD especially if you sit close. Also beware of the "rainbow" effect on DLP. If you can see it it can be distracting. I can but have found ways to minimize it with lighting, and also just as you can train yourself to see the effect, you can train your eyes to minimize the effect if not wholly remove it.

Bronze Member
Username: Pugcharlie

N, E, PA USA

Post Number: 53
FWIW, the screen door effect is practically impossible to see on the 50" size LCD RP. I have a Sony KDF-50WE655. I believe the Sony produces a much sharper image than any DLPs I've seen. There is a slight blur with fast movement and camera pans at 1080i. I still prefer the Sony but check out all technologies because everyone has their own opinion as can be seen in the threads here.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us