What tv???

alvinp
Unregistered guest
hi, i have a few questions.any help would be greatly appreciated.
1)i have a progressive scan dvd player and i am using normal av(red, yellow,white)cables. would buying component cables make a big difference in pq?
2)i am also debating on which tv to buy. i am considering the sony kf42we620 lcd rptv, the hitachi 42v515 lcd rptv, and the samsung dlp hlp4663w.(here in canada, this is the latest model available)
any opinions on any of thhese tvs would be awesome.
i will be using the set for gaming(ps2/xbox),dvds and hdvd and analog cable.
3)also, will switching to component cables improve the pq on my ps2 and xbox???

thanks

ogbuehi
Unregistered guest
Hey alvinp,

1)Upgrading to component cables will make a difference only if your tv is capable of displaying 480p (progressive scan) signals. Be warned that just because your tv has component connections doesn't mean that it is capable of displaying 480p signals. I have a crt rp that has component inputs on it but cannot display 480p signals.

2)Trying to get an idea of which of those tv's you should get is going to be up to your personal preference. Go into several stores and do side by side comparisons. I would be wary of the particular samsung model though. There are an alarming number of owners that have not been satisfied with their purchase. Try waiting for the 74 series or 85 series samsungs.

3)Switching to component will definitely improve pq for your xbox (as most games support 480p and above). Just make sure you change the settings in the xbox os. The xbox also will act as progressive scan dvd player also with component cables. As for the PS2, you may not notice much because there are very few games support the 480p (I've only seen one but I don't remember the name). The same information for question applies here also. Your tv must be able to display progressive scan signals. Feel free to ask me more for info

alvinp
Unregistered guest
thnx ogbuehi.

i went to fs yesterday and looked at all the tv's colsely for about 2 hrs. i have narrowed it down to 2 tvs.(the samsung is an old model with many problems, and the hitachi is lousy compared to the 2 i like.
the sony kf42we620 was very good, but i also really like the toshiba 44NHM84 dlp tv.i thought it was almost as good as the sony.the problem is, that i could see the screen door effect on the sony and rainbows on the toshiba. if any one has any opinions on what i should get or owner comments on any of these tvs that would be wicked.
peace

alvinp
Unregistered guest
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0770HDS0 010052639&catid=11299

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0770HDS0 010047235&catid=11299

her are the 2 links for the tvs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us