What 37" LCD TV would you suggest?

Username: Bobmcclune

Newark, DE United States

Post Number: 10
I am in the market for a 37" LCD TV and I have found them all over the board. I am taking suggestions on what I should look for when I go shopping here soon...any suggestions?

Username: Abf3804

Fgfdgfgfg, Fgfgfgfgf Fgfgfgfgfg

Post Number: 5
Does it have to be 37"? I have the 50" Sony Grand wega and I have nothing but good things to say about it. The 42" grand wega picture is amazing as well. Plus my cousin I think has the 32" grand wega although not an lcd screen the picture is great as well. Like I said I am fully satisfied and I have had mine for over a year now
LOOK AT THE 42" SONY GRAND WEGA AT LIKE BEST BUY OR CIRCUIT CITY ITS A GREAT PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Bobmcclune

Newark, DE United States

Post Number: 11
I guess that it does not have to be a 37" but that was the biggest i thought that i could afford. I was actually looking at the Polaroid 37" I was at Circuit City and it had a great picture. I will look at that TV you mentioned!

Anonymous

Bob,
I was looking at lcd's for a while too because of burn in issues, hum at high altitude, tremendous heat and the degrading picture quality over time of plasmas. However after looking side by side the lcd picture cant touch the quality of the plasma. Ive read that Panasonic has solved many of the "plasma problems" in their latest sets...and the price, the industrial plasma screens are very reasonable priced. The 42 Ed can be found for 1399, 42"HD for 2299 and the 50"HD for 3149. Check them out. Also, from all my research, I cannot find 1 bad review about any of these models.
Good luck,
Jim

Anonymous

Also I think the 50" Sony Grand wega is a rear projection LCD not a flat panel, and if I am mistaken and there is such a thing as a Sony 50" LCD flat panel, Im guessing it costs about 10 grand.
Jim

Silver Member
Username: Tonytiger

PA US

Post Number: 111
I have a SONY plasma and a SONY LCD. Both are great. We use the plasma in our home theatre room for movies. The LCD does heavy duty as our daily watcher. It is the 30XBR90 and the plasma is the 42XS910. I'd buy another SONY in a flash. Don't go for ED,go for HD. ED is a halfway step if you eventually plan to get HDTV. If all you watch is broadcast TV or analog cable then you don't need even ED.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us