Does anyone have the Polaroid 37" LCD FLM-3701...or have an opinion on it?

Username: Bobmcclune

Newark, DE United States

Post Number: 9
I have started shopping for a Television and the LCD seems to be the direction that I want to go. There are a wide range of TVs out there on the market and I wanted to know what anyone thought about this particular model. It is the Polaroid 37" LCD FLM-3701...it seems to have Great picture, nice look and good price...BUT POLAROID? I have purchased everything else I need for the home theater...this is the last peice. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Perrey Z.
Unregistered guest
I'm not familiar with this model., where did you saw it?

Bronze Member
Username: Bobmcclune

Newark, DE United States

Post Number: 12
It recently came out due to a buy out of Polaroid by the conglomerate Petters Group. Circuit City is the only retailer that I see that has Polaroid TVs at this time.

Anonymous

Petters has been licensing the Polaroid brand name for consumer electronics since 2002.

I saw their LCD and Plasma TVs at CES 2005. Very nice products at great prices!

Anonymous

Does Petters own Jensen, because Jensen and Polaroid seem to be very identical.

Perrey Z.
Unregistered guest
Petters Group has completed the acquisition of Polaroid Corp. they are now one company.

Audiovox owns Jensen aswell as a few other brands. I'm not sure if Petters owns Audiovox though.

Perrey Z.
Unregistered guest
OK, i've just comfirmed, Audiovox is an individual corporation not associated in any way with The Petters Group., their brands includes; Audiovox Marine, Advent, Accoustic Research, Prestige, Terk, and Phase Linear. {Nice brand portfolio, BTW.}

Audiovox and Petters get their LCDs from the same OEM.

Unregistered guest
I took home the polaroid 37" for $1,900 from Circuit City. Although it seems to be on the lower end of lcds, it has many settings that will help you find a picure that you will enjoy. However I did a little more looking around and found a Olevia 37" (yea who! made by syntex) from Comp USA. Brought it home and placed it next to the Polaroid and liked it a bit better. The Olievia had better contrast ratio but the same resolutions. It also took some time to get a picture that I liked and the remote is a bit cheaply made. I like the Polaroid s better. I also have direct tv and use that remote mostly. In the end the Olemvia seeed to fit my liking more. The price was also $400. cheaper than the Polaroid, I also got a two year service plan for $150. SOOO if you are like me, wanted a nice sized lcd 37 but can only afford the lower end models. Both of these tv will be great. The hd quility on both is great. Hope this helped you out a bit do a google on lcd tv's and you will find lots of info there.

Perrey Z.
Unregistered guest
I was at Circuit City 2-days ago and saw this TV aswell as the other Polaroids they have on the floor., It was fine, good price {My local Circuit City has it for $1,749.99} on a entry level 37" high-resolution LCD., it had a good picture and pretty good sound, unfortunately the design wasn't so original. It reminded me of the new Hitachi HDT52, HDX62 series., LGs X4D/X5D/10X series and the new Philips 9630A/37 series.

Circuit City had 2-more contenders worth mentioning in the 37" size category the Panasonic TH-37PX50U/P for $2,699.99 and the LG DU-37LZ30 for $3,149.99
of course you can't compare these two with the Polaroid but for an entry level the price was good and if you ask the saleman for a better price, she'll/he'll take off another $150.00 at the register., that's what {a desperate} retailer will do to get your business.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us