Mitsubishi DLP Faulty Picture

Username: Chompers

Post Number: 1
I own a 2004 Mitsubishi DLP WD-52525.

The tv has been working fine until today. This morning the picture was good. I turned it back on this afternoon and instead of getting a picture the screen displayed a checkerboard black/white image. The tv would not respond to either remote or actual menu button commands on the unit.

Has anyone seen this or know how to fix the problem?

fyi, two months ago I had it repaired for a black anomoly that appeared in the lower left hand side of the screen.

Good Guy
Unregistered guest
Try unplugging the tv over night. I work in an electronics store and have sold lots of these tv's. I also personally know 5 who own it, I have never heard of this problem. If you had a problem before you may have a "lemon."

Username: Jagypster

Post Number: 1
I just purchased Mits WD-62327 on 6-13-05. I have Comcast Cable high definition hooked up through a DVI cable. I also split the cable so that I can use the tv as a tuner for the analog channels. Today when I turned the tv on, I have a black dot in the upper left hand corner of the screen. I thought that DLP tv's were not supposed to have a "burn" mark. Is it because I am splitting the cable signal to view the analog channels? Comcast claims it's not them, their signal strength is fine, they did test it. All of the cables are from Comcast and so is the splitter. I'm lost on this one. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Mish
Unregistered guest
JEFF-had this happen,and sent MITS back.
got SONY XS LCD,and all is well.
checker boards,rainbows,fan and color wheel noise-all DLP issues.

USA

Post Number: 2
No kidding. Thats a bummer. It really does have a nice picture too. You recommend Sony eh? How has it been for you? I went to a few different electronic stores and they recommended DLP because I like to watch Nascar and other races and they said it would produce the best picture. Thanks!

Anonymous

Jeff,

DLP's don't have "burn-in".
It's a spec of dust being magnified.

Mish is a fraud imposter LCD Sony rep adolescent that says the same sh!t to everyone with a DLP.

New Bedford, MA USA

Post Number: 3
I read that DLP's are immune to "burn-in" after I posted my first message. I have attached a few pictures that I hope will show you what I am talking about. At this time, it is only in one spot. If indeed it is dust, is there a way for me to avoid more of this from happening? I am going to call Mitsubishi and see what they say. I wonder if they consider it acceptable. I do like the TV, it has a real nice image. The high definition is inspiring, especially when viewing channels like Discovery HD and INHD, INHD2. Any suggestions to prevent further dust? I hope that doesn't sound like a dumb question.

Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 421
More than likely that is a piece of dust on something inside, either the lens or one of the components. Either way have someone authorized to open it just in case.

New Bedford, MA USA

Post Number: 4
Thank you very much. I really am enjoying this site by the way. It is very informative.

Suzann
Unregistered guest
We just bought a 62inch WD-62327 and the picture is becoming distorted after a few minutes of watching the tv. We get the blue green screen and then the black and white checkerboard. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix?

New Bedford, MA USA

Post Number: 9
Hi Suzann. I had problems with that same model TV as I"m sure you read my post. I no longer have that TV becuase of the issues I had and wanted to avoid anymore issues with it. What are you viewing when this happens? Is it in high def or analog/digital cable? Satelite? I would seriously consider another brand if you are able to.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us