Cable VS Satellite. The Time Old Question.

Username: Cyberuff

Oceanside, CA USA

Post Number: 10
I've got a wounderful question for you all. Right now I currently have DirecTv. I'm really thinking about getting rid of it due to the fact then if a big storm hits the signal goes out witch means I'm left with no TV. Now the problem with that is, How do I know if like a tornado is coming or somthing like that? Obviously I'm not gonna get a warning on tv cause it's out! Anyways. I'm thinking about switching over to Digital Cable and wounder if I would be leaving Picture quality if I do that. I know they have about the same amount of channels so I'm not worried on that end. I'm just worried about the Quality of the Picture on the Digital Side AND the HD side. Anyone know?

house_music
Unregistered guest
from my experience, d has better SD quality, and all the channels are digital. cable is digital in some channels and its more pixels and not as crisp but they have better looking Hi-def than D

i thinks the problem you have with D going out is you dont have a strong signal strength to begin with because of bad installation. if you have 90+ signal strength, you shouldnt be blacked out during a storm. but if you have low strength, you will get wiped out by bad weather.

Gregg
Unregistered guest
thats correct .....I also improved my signal strength with a larger dish and a signal booster and now I get uninterrupted signal even with snow storms.

LK
Unregistered guest
Ridiculous....lol...BIG storm,then it won't matter what U were watching!...satellite stays up as long as cable in any weather,and its quality is as good or better and the price usually much cheaper..a good installation (very simple to do)with good cable wiring,connectors,and dish alignment will keep satellite up in almost the worse of weather..mine stayed up in 4 hurricanes last year,except a few minutes here and there....

Bronze Member
Username: Nachoman91

Cincinnati, OH USA

Post Number: 15
Who has better HD picture quality...cable or satelite?

EIiah
Unregistered guest
Dummies........its not a matter of sat vs cable. its more a matter of what TV you got
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us