Screen is pink when using component cables.

Anonymous

A few years ago I got a Phillips TV/DVD/surround sound set, and till recently I've never known what the red, blue, and green cables did, or why the "CVI" channel (which I thought was just a copy of the SVHS channel, except it was pink) was always pink, I just plugged them in because I figured they needed to be (The manual accidentally got throw away, so I never got to look at it). I don't just mean it has a pink tint, it's pure pink.

While I was looking for a new S-video connector online, I saw the RGB component cables, and realized what the RGB cables were for were for. After looking on the back of the TV I figured out what CVI meant (Component Video Input), and I wondered why the channel was pink, I made sure they were plugged into the right places. I tried switching them around, but the picture was still messed up. When I removed the green (Y) cable, the screen turned black; when I removed the blue cable (Pb), the color was close but still had a blue tint; and when I removed the red cable (Pr), the screen turned black and white.

Any idea why the component cables aren't working? Could I be putting them in the wrong plugs even though I've checked multiple times? Could the TV/cables be broken?

Unregistered guest
It could be one of 2 things:
1. Your Blue (Pb) and Red (Pr) are reversed or,
2. What is your source? Cable box? SAT box? DVD?
It could be that your resolution setting is wrong. Some Phillips TVs will not display 720p
only 1080i. Make sure that your source is set corectly
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us