Hitachi 50v500 aspect problem

Unregistered guest
Any one have any ideas on what could be wrong with my 50v500, aspect on tv set at 16.9 standard, it used to cover the whole screen now it looks as if it is set at 4.3, input is 1080i format, it works as intended on HD channels. I never had this happen before, I also changed inputs and have the same problem.

Username: Abf3804

Fgfdgfgfg, Fgfgfgfgf Fgfgfgfgfg

Post Number: 6
Did you get a high def receiver and started geting these problems?

JimC
Unregistered guest
Had got new TV and digital Hi def at the same time, initially worked fine then all of a sudden non high def cable lost the full screen, I called Hitachi and was told it was cable problem, cable says it is a tv problem, I don't have a clue!

HD Guy
Unregistered guest
There is a remote possibility that your cable co. had just upgraded the s/w load in your box. I don't know what cable box you have and what cable co. But I know in one case, if the Video Output in your box is set to either 720P or 1080i, all the pictures fill up the whole 16x9 screen, including the SD picture. People hated that because SD pictures were distorted. A software upgrade fixed this problem and was downloaded to the subscribers automatically. Now all the SD channels are back to 4x3.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us