Sony DVD VCR Combo need help badly

Username: Tweetypielori

Schaumburg, Illinois USA

Post Number: 1
I just bought the Sony DVD/VCR combo, model number SLDV350P. I love it. I have it hooked up in the living room. I have basic cable through Comcast. I have 2 TV's one in each bedroom besides the living room. My TV is an Old RCA with the coaxial cable in to the DVD VCR, and the out goes to a three way splitter I have. I believe the bedrooms must be connected. When I play a DVD or VCR I can't watch regular TV in the bedroom? I find this really annoying. I unplugged everything and even bought a 4 way splitter. What do I have to do so I can watch regular TV or a different movie in the bedroom. I want to buy another DVD/VCR for the room my Mom has but not sure if she will be able to watch TV. My bedroom has a VCR in it. The channel 3 in the living room is the only channel that will come in, in both bedrooms. No 7, 5 2, or 12. I tried everything. Does the cable have to be spliced in the bedrooms. I am just not that smart to figure this out. Do I need the Cable Guy? Can I do this. What can I do. Help me please..........

Username: Tweetypielori

Schaumburg, Illinois USA

Post Number: 2
Oh I just wanted to say, that that what ever movie I am watching in the living room, shows up in each bedroom on channel 3 or 4, my cable channel. If I shut the dvd/vcr combo off, we all have regular TV, and I can watch a different Video in my room, but not regular Tv when the movie in living room is playing. What is wrong here?

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 972
You need to split the cable going into the recorder to the bedrooms. You are splitting the out cable, not the in cable.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us