Sony KDF-55XS955 KDF-60XS955 picture quality?

San_Diego_AV_Fan
Unregistered guest
I saw another post on the kdf55xs955 picture quality. I was just about to buy either the 55 or 60" Sony kdf-55/60xs955.

Has anyone been able to do a decent comparison of the picture quality of these Sonys vs. other brands like the new Samsung DLP's or the JVC LCOS sets? When I go to Best Buy or CC, nothing is calibrated right, and they're usually so far apart, it's hard to compare. Before I spend $3500 I want to make sure I'm getting the pest picture.

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 672
Sorry fan,

Only you can make the call on which looks better.

IMO.......buy the bigger one:-)

If you're going to buy a big screenHDTV, you might as well get the biggest possible because you'll always have it.

Heck.....Im kicking myself for 'only' getting a 65".

HD Fanatic
Unregistered guest
I have compared the Sony to the JVC side by side, and they were really hard to tell appart in the store. I went with the Sony (KDF-60XS955) because of the built-in tuner and other features. However, I ended up taking back the Sony due to a stuck blue pixel in the center of the screen, plus the screen-door-effect was bothersome. I'm currently waiting to see the new 61" JVC (HD-61Z886)and the new 60" Sony (KDF-E60A20)and will likely buy one of these as soon as I can compare them.

Username: Tonyjbt

Post Number: 1
Go with the KDF-60XS955. I did 3 months of heavy duty research. This is the best TV on the market for picture quality, available connections etc...

MarkSk
Unregistered guest
Does anyone have the JVC set? I am in the same boat; do I buy the Sony or the JVC? Looking at the store, the JVC looked much better but I really don't know if there were calibration issues, store lighting, etc fooling my eye.

Anyway, I have looked around the Net quite a bit and heard a lot of people asking if the Sony or JVC is better but I have yet to see anyone post that actually ons the JVC.

Any JVC owners out there with opinions now they have the set in their living room?

Username: Mbresler

Post Number: 1
Need Help with the multitude of connection options!

Config is as follows:

TV: Sony KDF-60XS955 (LCD)
Satelite: DVR - HR10-250(standard Tivo from DTV)
DVD: Onkoyo - DV-CPR500 (Progressive Scan)
Receiver: Onkoyo - TX-SR600
Speakers: Jamo 6.1 955D (small)

None of the manuals have instructions to match my setup, so trying to figure out which connections to use, and in which order to use them to achieve optimal video/sound quality.

I have a boatload of cables: Optical, Coax, RBG, Component, HDMI, etc... but have no clue as to the best use of all. (Only 1 HDMI that connects the DVR to the TV)

Would greatly appreciate some guidance!

Thanks,

Anonymous

I'm pretty close to your set up.
Set up your

sat receiver
Coax from wall.
HDMI from Sat box to TV
Optical from Sat to receiver for audio

DVD
Component video from DVD to TV
Digital Coax audio from DVD to receiver

Sound to recever picture to TV. I seem to gain better PQ from TV with HDMI and better PQ on my DVD with Component

I have the -60XS955, Sony 975 DVD, Pioneer 1014 receiver and Infinity 750 5.1 speakers.
Good luck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us