Sharp 37d7u

Username: Douwe

Post Number: 1
Hi all,
Just got sharp 37d7u and a samsung 941 dvd player and a really pricey hdmi cable. Hooked it all up and got random pops and audio cutout when playing dvd's. Called the store (Magnolia hi-fi) and they said they have seen the problem before. They told me to bring in the cable and dvd player for a debug. We couldn't duplicate the issue in the store but he gave me a new cable and a sony dvd player with the same type of upconversion. Everything is now great!

I played lord of the rings last night and was blown away. Absolutely awsome. I then started watching tv using my analog cable box and, of course, the picture sucked. I am having digital cable put in on saturday. I told them I wanted a digital card but also requested they bring a box in case it didn't work out like I have been reading on so many posts. The tv has a tv guide built in and it appears to be working (it sez it takes up to 8 days for it to fully aquire all the information it needs for the guide). I hope the digital cable helps my tv reception. Now that I have seen the potential great picture quality I don't think I will ever be able to go back.

Absolutely awesome system, so far.
Cheers,
Douwe

Username: Nr4p

Post Number: 3
Have you had any success with the on screen TV Guide? I have the 26d7u and the TVGOS system with only OTA antennas is a mess. There's a bug in the TV firmware that resets the inputs overnight. Wonder how you are using the TVGOS and if you are acquiring data over the air or cable?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us