TH-42PWD6 Shutting itself off unexpectedly

Username: Wesplasma

Eads, TN USA

Post Number: 1
After a year and a half of use, my Panny 42PW6 started shutting done after a few minutes of play. Fortunately, I had an extended warranty from Phillips. I had purchased the Display from Plasma Depot.com. The repair shop has now secured a new circuit board which is being benchchecked now. This whole repair process has taken 2 months. Panasonic support was minimal at best. Only recently, after reading some A/V forum accounts have I seen similar problems with other Panasonic Plasma displays. In one message , an owner was advised by Panasonic not to use a surge protector, a device which is designed to protect valuable A/V equipment. The repair shop has asserted that Panasonic has had these random shutdown problems due to faulty boards but has not publicly acknowledged it. I wanted to post this message to advise owners that this problem is ongoing. Comments about similar cases would be appreciated.

olie
Unregistered guest
I powered my 42pwd6 off last night because of thunderstorms. This morning when I turned it on the power on light flashed red 7 times then went steady red for 15 or so seconds then flashed 7 times again and kept repeating the pattern. I powered off and on several times and it finally came on correctly - steady green light. Any body know what that trouble code is?

Unregistered guest
My Panasonic TH-42PWD6 is 1.5 years old, and I have started getting the same power-off problem, and the flashing red power light. The instruction manual does not provide any clues as to what a flashing red power light means. Panasonic couldn't tell me either, but just gave me a list of repair shops.

Username: Wesplasma

Eads, TN USA

Post Number: 2
Update. It took the repair shop some time to get the correct parts from the vendor and considerable patience on my part. But, the shop fixed the problem-a new power supply board. It was benchchecked ok. The display works perfectly now, and the picture quality remains terrific. I usually don't buy extended warranties but for this plasma I did. It was covered under a Phillips plan, and the plan covered all costs. PlasmaDepot has since changed to new warranty coverage. Panasonic customer service was worthless. PlasmaDepot web site folks were ok. The Phillips customer service reps were very good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us