Need help operating an RCA ColorTrak 2000 without remote

Username: Quimbly

Post Number: 2
Recently, the remote control for my RCA ColorTrak 2000 TV stopped working. I wouldn't really care, since I don't even have cable, but I would like to be able to play movies and videos from my computer on the TV. Unfortunately, using the up / down channel buttons on the TV itself only takes me to channels 2, 19 and 45. I can't get to what I need, which are channel 3/4 (for VCR/DVD playback), and channel 90 (for S-Video output). I just can't find a way to get to these channels without the remote.

So.... I'm hoping someone knows (a) where I can find a manual for this TV, (b) where I can purchase a new remote for this TV, or (c) how I can "reset" to TV so that I can change to any channel, using the buttons on the TV itself.

All suggestions welcome.
Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 947
Buy a universal remote.

MikeRF
Unregistered guest
I do not have a remote for my ColorTrak 2000 TV either. It is a 45" projection TV. I don't know what other styles were made, but I just have to "type" in the number combonation that I want, 01, 02 14, 25, etc.. If nothing else, I would leave the TV unplugged for a little while in order for the electric charge to be lost. This should be at least 72 hours.

Bronze Member
Username: Daedilus

Post Number: 20
Here is a link to RCA's customer service webmail if you want to ask where to get a replacement remote

http://tv.rca.com/en-US/ContactUs.html

Unregistered guest
How do I get my RCA ColorTrack TV into AV mode?

Thanks

Bill Truglio

Gold Member

Post Number: 1165
If there is no input button on the remote or TV, try the channels between 90-110, some RCA TVs have the A/V in there somewhere.

Unregistered guest
Go to the menu and when you see the screen that shows the stored(+) or erase(-) you can move through the channels and stored channel 91 (for dvd's player or out put one) and 92 for out put two. This will allow for musice to be heard.

Unregistered guest
Hello,
I have acquired a wonderful old 32" ColorTrak 2000 encased in an oak swivel base. When I first got it (with no remote) all of the front panel buttons turned the tv on and off, nothing else. I got that worked out, but now my problem is that no matter what adjustments I make (bright, contrast, magnetics etc.) the picture is very dark and I can't get it to lighten up to an acceptable level.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank You

Gold Member

Post Number: 1286
Some RCA TVs have a light sensor that automatically adjusts brightness/contrast to the light in the room, make sure it's not covered, it will think it's in a dark room and adjust accordingly.

ollie tamale
Unregistered guest
any ideas what to do if you have a color trak 2000 and an rca universal remote and still cant get the tele to turn on after putting in all codes??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us