DMR-E85HS Question

Guy on Long Island
Unregistered guest
I've read thru most of the E85 posts, but did not see an answer to this question, so here goes:

I'm on Cablevision in NY, using digital cable (SA 4200HD STB), and the programming data for the TV Guide feature is stripped out.

Is there some way to disable the E85's constant searching for updated program data whenever it's turned off, but without having to unplug or disable the IR Blaster?

I want to be able to use the E85 to manually record on a timer (which needs the IR Blaster to change the cable channel), but without having to leave the unit on all the time, and without having it change the channel when it's "off"

Thanks in advance

JoeD
Unregistered guest
I use the TV Guide feature on my Panasonic DMR-E85 every night to record. I live in Babylon, and subscribe to Cablevision. I have the coax cable line coming in from outside to a splitter. From the splitter, one coax line goes to the input of the cable box, the other coax goes to the coax input of the DMR-E85. Then from the cable box, I use the video and audio out RCA connections out to the inputs on the DMR-E85. This way the Panasonic unit gets the cable signal with the TV Guide data. The cable box ruins that data so the DMR-E85 is unable to use it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us