Component In Interference Type Problem with DVD player...

Username: Heliosphann

Post Number: 4
I got a Oppo DV971H the other day and hooked it up via component cables. I'd been using the same cables with my now dead Malata n996 DVD player (that literally BLEW UP on me). I tried multiple dvd's NTSC and PAL and I keep getting these horizontal colored lines that scroll up and down the picture. Not all the time, but they are certainly noticeable (more so when the camera is moving). I've got a 6 year old Sony wega (KV-32FV16) that's not progressive. I hooked up my backup Philips 727 dvd player via the component cables and it does the same thing. I double checked the component cables and they are hooked up correctly. I then went out and picked up another component video cable... Same issue. I also brought my OPPO over to my friends house and hooked it up to his new Sony Wega via Component In's. Worked fine...

I'm really puzzled because I used the same component in's with my old Malata player for over 4 years. One thing I did notice is the Component in's on the Wega are labeled Y,Pr,Pb instead of Y,Cr,Cb like the Oppo. Could there be some sort of small voltage difference in my Wega's Component in's??? This is really frustrating. Any help would be gladly appriciated. Thx!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us