Best HDTV Flat Screen for Under 3k

Bronze Member
Username: Guygadois

Post Number: 13
I have 3k to spend on a 42" flat screen. I have a cabinet that will accept up to this size and the TV cannot have the speakers on the side or bottom (or they have to be removeable). Again, the size space I have won't allow for it.

The TV I am leaning towards is the Dell 42 HDTV which I can get for about $2700 right now. The speakers are removable and it fits perfectly.

Are there any others out there I should consider instead?

Perrey Z.
Unregistered guest
The Dell W4200HD {the one you are inquiring} is currently available at http://www.costco.com for $2,794.99 including shipping, this is the best place to purchase this plasma, with Costco's terrific return policy if it fails you don't have to worry, just return it and get another (new) one or your money back. But if you get it directly from Dell that's another story...

Another set from Costco similar to the Dell is the V,Inc. Vizio P42HDe, for $2,399.99. It appears to be a very decent set compare to the previous model {P42HD} which had a few problems.

The new P42HDe it's Charcoal Gray, instead of Silver., the speakers are also removable., it has a 5000:1 Contrast Ratio and the panel is LG with 60,000 Hours lifespan., it even have the screen orbiting feature to prevent image retention.

I have had 2-P42HD in the past, and they weren't very good in quality, the first one had a washed out cast on every input and the replacement didn't power-up, only the fan did., but appears V,inc. was aware of this and decided to replace it with the P42HDe. I'm impressed with what i've seen, i might even give the newly improve Vizio another shot.

Another good one from Costco is the Pioneer PDP-4312 for $2,999.99, the speakers are removable. You get good quality from a well-known brand for a great price. There is no much size difference between a 42" set and this unit. You might want to take a look at it.

Plus at Costco any set is good deal, if they go bad or you are not satified, you can return them at anytime, hassle-free.

Another interested set is the Hyundai HPT-4250H for $1,998.00 available at http://www.walmart.com with a 5000:1 contrast ratio and the LG panel with 60,000 hours. With thouse specs. This might be another good deal, plus you can get a 3-year extended warranty that won't empty your pocket.

Praneeth
Unregistered guest
http://www.lgcommercial.com/product_specs/LG_plasma_pop_specs_DU42PX12XC.html

Total cost including shipping $2350 from itpros.com (you have to call them - check their reviews they are a authorized LG dealer)
5000:1
DVI with HDCP
1500 cd/m2 brightness
built-in stand + speakers
42in HDTV panel

Why get the hyundai with this screen for the same cost (when you add Walmart Taxes)
Actually the screen in the Hyundai is only 1000 cd/m2 (older LG panel)

Unregistered guest
Ok guys.. I have to bash someone on this forum... Praneeth - quit praising this LG model. You're posting the info on every forum. I would not be surprised if you worked for itpros.com As it happens I tried ordering from itpros but it's a regular New York Internet Store rule..bait and switch... (it's a shame these stores are allowed to conduct the business) as it turns out LG does not include the stand. The shipping costs you from $199 up to amazing $400 ??? WTF.. I work in air cargo and it doesn't cost this much to ship something that weighs 70 pounds... When I checked first with them the unit was in stock. Then when I tried to place order the guy asked if i want an extended warranty. When I declined I found out they were out of stock and it was on back order for three to four weeks. Want more... Sure - I'll give more - itpros.com is the same company as www.flatpanelman.com so Mr. Praneeth in other formu you posted that this panel costed you a lot as you live in NY and you had to pay the taxes etc etc - in my opinion you're an employee who's trying to get customers to buy LG panel because people are drifting away to WalMart to buy plasma tv for $1998. FYI I did order one as I could not get any F...king store in NYC to sell LG at the advertised prices so my final cost with Three years of extended warranty which kicks in AFTER the standard 1 year warranty expires (that's 4 years total for $80) and including the shipping ($60 as opposed to $200) was $2319 - I your friends at itpros can match that price AND will include the stand as well - I will cancell my order with WalMart right away - until then - advertise somewhere else. Guys - don't let this guy fool you - read the reviews on both stores on resellerratings.com and you'll see...

Matt

P.S. One last thing - I tried ordering this plasma from Plasmaqueen.com - it was out of stock but the lady said they could order it. I called later the same day as I could not locate the LG plasma on their page.. I spoke to the same lady. She was super nice and told me that she tried to contact LG. She advised me that LG apparently has a policy that if you buy their product from a non legit (nonauthorised reseller) the warranty will not be honored by LG - she told me to be aware of many scammers on the web.. I was surprised she told me this and that also made the light go off in my head... so get to your own conclusions...

Perrey Z.
Unregistered guest
Matt,

One more important developement from the folks at LG. 2-weeks ago they announce they will no longer allow ANYONE to sell their electronics and/or appliances thru websites, legit or not. They even hire some internet police organization to track sales/sellers of LG and Zenith products online. {Check their news notes at their website.}

According to their spokeperson as LG evolves and becomes more popular, they want to offer the best pre-sale experience possible. Their main purpose now is to become a "prestige" showroom-only brand where end-consumers can experience the products. {...and pay a bundle for them in the process.}

This will make Best Buy very happy since they are the largest single retail chain in the country where you can actually get everything the LG consumer catalog offers.

Unregistered guest
Dear sir/madam ,
We are glad to communicate to you becuase we have fund your adress on the internet and we deal in the same products so please we wuold like you to supply us with those items but we pay in terms of cheque as its our companys policy so we wuold like yuo to send us what you have in stock so that we can then make our sample order.
thank you again your response is our appreciation.
Best regards Walz jamal
WALZ GROUPS OF COMPANIES
P.O BOX 2102 KLA (UG)
EMAIL:shakwalz@yahoo.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us