Samsung HLN5065wx veiwing modes

Username: Jkriley

Post Number: 5
with my tv i get a few viewing modes

Normal makes the pic small

wide makes evevery one really fat

and panarama not sure what this dose

can any one exolianed these modes to me?

manuals for mankind
Unregistered guest
Come on guy read the manual. For an overseas company it is actually quite helpful and explains all that you have asked. In this day of hitech electronics skipping the manual is a fool's paradise

Username: Jkriley

Post Number: 7
I have read the manual and it really dose not say anything about the different viewing modes other then how to change from one to the other.

This is one of the worst manuals I have ever seen.

Reply to James R
Unregistered guest
I don't know why I'm wasting my time here... other than the fact that you may actually be a little slow to pick this stuff up.

Just because you bought a wide screen tv doesn't mean all channels will look perfect and fill the screen. Only true HD broadcasts in 720P or 1080I resolutions will fill the screen and look right.
All other broadcasts are still in 4:3 format and will have black bars on the sides to look "right". You can stretch those 4:3 channels using wide or panoramic if you want, but I don't bother. Since you don't like wide...you can leave the black bars or try panoramic, which keeps the center looking good while stretching the sides. It's just a way to cheat the 4:3 picture into filling the screen. Some like it...some don't.

By the way...I answered your questions on the other post, but you ignored them by asking the same questions again. HELLO........

Keep your 50. The 46 is smaller, not better!!!

Big J
Unregistered guest
Other then the top part you did answer my question so I do thank you for that.
As for the first part I got the answer I wanted so think what you want as I did not see your other post. I am a little panicky as I don't have long to make up my mind.

Thank you again
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us