RCA HD61LPW42 Bulb?

Username: Ledge

Post Number: 8
I am getting a buzzing noise when I try to turn the TV on. The light blinks 3 or 4 times and trys to turn on again, with a buzzing noise. I read online in another forum that the buzzing noise is from the bulb trying to light, but it isn't lighting.

Question about replacement bulbs. Does anyone know or has anyone tried to replace the bulb themselves? I don't mean buying the entire lamp assembly from RCA selling it for $600. Has anyone tried to track the bulb down and replace it themselves?

It doesn't even seem like it would be that hard to replace it. I took the lamp assembly out after it wouldn't start. It looks like just a few screws holding it in there. It wouldn't take 30 minutes to pull that old bulb out and put a new one in the lamp assembly.

Ideas anyone?

Thanks,
Jeff

Peas
Unregistered guest
"Has anyone tried to track the bulb down and replace it themselves? "

yes

Peas

Peas
Unregistered guest
"Has anyone tried to track the bulb down and replace it themselves? "

yes

Peas

Post Number: 9
ok, can you give some details on it?

Peas
Unregistered guest
Yes, tried and faileed.

Peas

Post Number: 10
Does anyone know who even makes the bulb that RCA uses in the set? If we can find who makes the bulb there is a better chance of getting it that way.

Reply to Jeff
Unregistered guest
High pressure "arc" lamps are proprietary and are custom made for RPTV and FP manufacturers to sell exclusevly for each model.

Good luck!!!

http://www.cherrywood-av.co.uk/guides/Lamps.pdf

tvshopper
Unregistered guest
$600.00!!! That is an insanely high price in my opinion.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I have seen them as high as $800 online for this TV. I wish now that I would have gone with something like the Sammy, which has a much cheaper bulb, or I should have just gotten a projector and a screen.

It is outragous to pay that much just for a bulb. I guess my best bet would be to replace the bulb and sell the TV.

I am going to contine my search for the bulb. There has to be a $200 bulb that is the same as the one used by RCA.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Anyone know anything about this company?

http://www.tritronicsinc.com/cgi-bin/onramp.exe?pgm=itemdet_cs.bbx&custnum=RETAI L&password=1114262389&id=260962

They give a core credit, but I am not sure why if RCA says that nothing in the lamp assembly can be repaired, how is this company doing it?

Reply to Jeff
Unregistered guest
The actual glass lamp is part of the "lamp assembly" and can be replaced. RCA is not in the business of doing that.

Caution! This vender may not be using the proprietary high pressure arc lamp designed for your model.

TV Psychic
Unregistered guest
"am going to contine my search for the bulb. There has to be a $200 bulb that is the same as the one used by RCA. "

Jeff,

Just what makes you believe this? Is it the same reason people buy lottery tickets? Because they just know that the numbers they picked must come up?

I think that Jennifer Garner must be dying to meet me and jump my bones. Do you think that will happen before or after you find this $200 bulb?

TV Psychic

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
TV Psychic, why you don't bother registering just shows your stupidity. I am trying to find input on people that have changed the bulb themselves or have at least done research on it. Your comments aren't appreciated and they aren't constructive.

I am just trying to find the bulb that goes in the assembly, period. That is it. I am not looking for the entire lamp assembly for $200.

If my TV will run for even half the time with a non-proprietary bulb, I would gladly buy it for less money. For $200 I could buy 4 bulbs for the price that some of these companies charge $800 for.

Reply to Jeff
Unregistered guest
Are you calling me stupid too?

I'm not registered, but I've shot straight with you!

These lamps are proprietary!

Like I said before, "good luck".

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
"I'm not registered, but I've shot straight with you! "

You weren't very straight at all. Your comments were very sarcastic and didn't help at all. They were unappreciated.

Reply to Jerk Jeff idiot!
Unregistered guest
You're an as$hole, not worth helping!
Sorry whining b^stard, bought a damn RCA and just now learns his lamp is $600.

Appreciate that, fvckhead!!!

chinese poet
Unregistered guest
anyway ,

tritronics is an excellent company to deal
with and very honest..I have been doing business
with them for along time and had never had a
problem with either their honesty or the quaility
of their parts..

if you have a question about the core call them Im sure they will explain it to you.

DLP Man
Unregistered guest
Jeff, Don't listen to this so called TV Psyhick

I sell DLP TV's and dabble with the lamps on RCA's, Samsung's, Sony's, Toshiba's, etc.

In fact I have several for Samsung DLP's and Sony LCD R. Proj, etc.

You were on the right track with taking the lamp out of the lamp housing, but you must not handle with your bare hands, as it will arc,when turned on with any skin oils. You Must wear surgical gloves and carefully remove the plastic housing and then carefully take the lamp out of housing.

Most of the high powered lamps are either Phillips, Toshiba, or I believe a Samsung lamp. These are the major suppliers of these lamps.

They are avaliable in 100W for the older (and smaller screens) and some of the newer models are using a 120W bulb that provides a little hotter light thus a brighter picture.

I believe a 100W bulb will work if the connectors are the same as your model. Even then the connectors can be altered by someone not afraid to solder onto this expensive bulb's connectors with the right position so it will fit in the plastic housing and still conect to the wiring harness. Also a little more techinal is the Lamp Ballast, which can either under power or over power a 100w bulb, according if your unit uses the 100W or higher bulb. Yes, the ballast is the power board for the Lamp.

If you get friendly with a local TV shop and ask specific questions and see if they can answer these compatability questions or look them up in a shop manual for your model, which is what most repairmen has to do on a lot of models anyway.

I have seen these 100W lamps being sold on Ebay for a little as $65. Most everyone has figured out by now that RCA is a Horrible TV and is RIPPING OFF everyone on the parts. As this same module on Samsung's is around $200.

But then what do you expect out of the FRENCH Owners of Thomson.

Hope this helps, but always ask questions and do not always take one persons opinion for gospel.

Look on Ebay for this lamp with item # 5771527560

Would have uploaded a pic of lamp but they won't allow a pic over a very small thumprint size.

DLP Man
Unregistered guest
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=61407%26item%3D5771527560 %26%26

Check this out

DLP Man
Unregistered guest
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=61407%26item%3D5771527560 %26%26

TV Psychic
Unregistered guest
So DLP Man appears and says to disregard sound advice then a few minutes later just happens to find some replacement lamps on E-Bay? Who else thinks this guy is conning people with his own E-Bay scam? Highly unlikely that you will be able to adapt these lamps to an RCA display because of the mounting requirements in the lamp assembly. I cannot speak to the Samsung or other models.

Remember Caveat Emptor!

TV Psychic

chinese poet
Unregistered guest
I know for a fact tritronics won't rip
you off ...

Anon2
Unregistered guest
"I know for a fact tritronics won't rip
you off ..."

Yea...maybe not, but they are charging $550, so it's no real price break!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us