Picture problem

Username: Drummerhic

Post Number: 1
I have recently purchased the liteon 5005 along with the sima ct-2 to transfer some vhs tapes to disc. On some, not all of my recordings, I encounter a slight shaking to the picture or maybe even a delay between the sound and picture. It only lasts a few seconds here and there. I've tried 2 vcr's just to rule that out. I've recorded in EP and SLP modes. Will try SP mode next. I have tried both the s video cable and the yellow on the sima ct-2. Should it be set on PAL or NTSC? Using fujifilm dvd+r discs. I know this is not top of the line equipment I am using but I expected a little better picture than what I have. Are there some things I can try to help clear this up? Would appreciate any advice.

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 902
Liteon has a firmware update that is supposed to fix alot of the problems people are having with their recorders, should be on their webpage.

Username: Drummerhic

Post Number: 2
I'll check it out. Further investigation into this leads me to beleive that the problem I'm encountering is called "jitter" which unfortunately seems to be a common problem with the liteon. Hopefully the updates will help. Guess that's what ya get when you go cheap. Lesson learned.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us