RCA Guide Plus Gold Off Air

Username: Chrissy76

Post Number: 1
Hi. I am writing on behalf of my Mom who is having problems with both of her 27"RCA tv. She won them both in a raffle and has had Guide Plus Gold display on both and for some reason now has lost programming for about a week. She was just wondering if this convenience is now going to be a billed service or if it is just momentarily off line? She had also mentioned something about the programming no longer displaying the news?

Post Number: 2
I guess I should have stated that we are from Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada. Just in case this helps with any answers.

Silver Member
Username: Vindsl

Post Number: 172
I found this on the RCA site. Maybe it will help...

The guide may get out of sync with your cable provider from time to time. Follow these steps to correct this problem:

* Select GUIDE Plus+ menu from the Main menu.
* Select Setup.
* Change the zip code to 99999.
* Turn the TV off for ten minutes.
* Use the GUIDE Plus+ Setup menu again to change the zip code to back to your home zip code.
* Subsequent screens in the GUIDE Plus+ Setup menu will ask you to verify your programming (cable provider, etc).

Given the many TV models, it's possible that accessing the Program Guide setup features may differ on your TV. For specific instructions for your model, see your owner's manual.

Silver Member

Post Number: 173
Here's another one for you...

Question: The information in my TV's GUIDE Plus+ or GUIDE Plus+ GOLD program guide is not current.

A. There are several things you can do to correct this situation:

* First, review your setup information and make sure it is correct. Also, if your television has been unplugged or has lost power, you could lose your GUIDE Plus+ or GUIDE Plus+ GOLD information. To access your setup information on many TV's, follow these steps:
o Press GUIDE on the remote.
o Press MENU on the remote or use the UP and DOWN buttons to select the Menu Bar.
o Use the RIGHT ARROW to highlight the Setup menu.
o Use the up and down navigation arrows to select settings and options.
* Remember, your television must be turned off to download information. Try leaving your TV off overnight or for at least 10 hours to receive a download for your area.
* If you are using a cable box, make sure the cable box is on to receive the program information.
* If you are using a VCR, make sure the VCR is off in order to receive program information.

Given the many TV models, it's possible that accessing the Program Guide Setup menu may differ on your TV. For specific instructions for your model, see your owner's manual.

You can also find out more about your TV's features by checking out the online product catalog. You will need the model number of your TV, which is located on the back of the set.

Silver Member

Post Number: 174
Heh! One more time...

Question: My television is on and working, but I'm not able to receive all the cable channels I subscribe to.

A. There are a couple of things you can try:

If you have the GUIDE Plus+ feature, it's possible that your GUIDE Plus+ menu hasn't been set up to recognize your cable box. Here's how you do that on many TV models:

* Select the GUIDE Plus+ menu from the Main menu.
* Select Setup from the GUIDE Plus+ menu.
* Choose Yes when asked if you have a cable box.
* After completing the GUIDE Plus+ setup, select Setup from the Main menu--not from the Guide menu.
* Be sure to search for all channels when prompted.

If you don't have the GUIDE Plus+ feature:

* Check to see that the Air/Cable setting is correct. Accessing this setting varies depending on the model TV that your own. Here are two options that are common on many TV's.
Option A:
o Press the MENU button on the remote.
o Select the Channel menu.
o Select Signal Type. Choose Air or Cable.
Option B:
o Press the MENU button on the remote.
o Select Setup.
o Select Auto Program.
o Select Source.
o Choose Air or Cable.
o Select Auto Program to let the TV reprogram the channels.
* Check that the channel is programmed into memory. There are a couple of ways to do this:
o Use the TV menu system. Accessing this setting varies depending on the model TV that you own. Here are two options that are common on many TV's:
Option A:
+ Press the MENU button on the remote.
+ Select the Channel menu.
+ Select List.
+ Use the VOL and CH buttons to move through the menu and add any missing channels.
Option B:
+ Use the number buttons on your remote control to tune to the channel.
+ Press the MENU button on the remote.
+ Select Setup.
+ Select Edit Program.
+ If the channel is in memory, it will be labeled "Added," and the number of the channel will appear in the corner of the screen in white.
+ If the channel is not in memory, it will be labeled "Erased" and the number in the corner will be red.
+ Add whatever channels are missing that you'd like to be able to watch.
+ Wait 10 seconds and then press the MENU button twice to exit.
o Some TV's feature an ADD ERA button on the remote.
+ Tune to the channel using the numerical buttons.
+ Press the ADD ERA button on the remote. The channel will turn from red to white to show that it has been added.

Given the many TV models, it's possible that the process to select the Air/Cable function or to add channels may differ on your TV. For specific instructions for your model, see your owner's manual.

If you are unsure whether your TV has the GUIDE Plus+ System, see the owner's manual or the online product catalog. You will need the model number of your TV, which is located on the back of the set.

Applehead
Unregistered guest
My Philips TV model #RK5556 CH02 blew a yellow radial lead capacitor at Ref Des C505 in the PCA power section and I can't read the values on the cap. I would be most grateful if someone can tell me what it is?

Post Number: 3
I don't know if this changes anything, but they do not have cable access. They only receive channels via arial(spelling?)/antenna, off the roof of their house. Will any of these helpful suggestions still work for them?

Kayleeh32
Unregistered guest
I want to know if anyone can help me find a replacement G-Link Connector, that is used with the GUIDE Plus+ GOLD program guide for my TV. MY TV is an RCA brand and the model # is: F19432TX1. I lost/misplaced mine in a move and now I can't get my onscreen Guide set up without it. Does anyone know where to find one? Please Help!!

Poolgod
Unregistered guest
Applehead,

I don't know if this will help you, but try this link...it has access to register for help with EURAS also.
http://www.euras.com/repair_tips_1/Magnavox/RK5556CH02/RK5556CH02_Magnavox.htm

Unregistered guest
how do i progrm my rca guide plus remote to control my vcr?

Anonymous

Can I upgrade GuidePlus+ and why I dont recieve messages ?

Unregistered guest
I have an RCA that is not receiving Guideplus Gold any more. I have gone through the 99999 setup and still not getting anything. I have called my cable provider and they say it is nothing to do with them. Is there anything else I can do? When I press the button it says "The search for data has failed. Please check your TV reception."

Username: Mestuart

I have had my RCA w/ guide plus for quite a while and have enjoyed using the guide. But just within the last couple of months when I have had to reset the guide because of a power outage or what ever. The channel option that is associated with my cable company and my channel lineup is for the cable with a cable box and not the old analog which is what I use. Does anyone know if it is possible to get my old line up back?

Terry in Lynnwood WA
Unregistered guest
Our guide plus gold has been acting weird in the last several days. we lost it and it has been trickling back VERY, VERY slowly. Are there problems? Do we need to worry about it going forever?

Burt in Antelope, CA
Unregistered guest
Mine's gone too. Maybe they've gone out of business?

Unregistered guest
Raleigh, n.c. my guide plus has been out for about 2 weeks and I have tried everything

-99999 (didn't work)

-I omited the dvd player so there is nothing to the tv but cable and power re-setup the guide plus and gave it 2 days (it didn't work)

-I unpluged the tv for a few hours, plugged it back in, and re-setup the guide plus (it didn't work)

-The cable company says it's not there problem.

-RCA tech support took my number and said there going to have some guy (sopposed to ba an expert with guide plus)call me and walk me through the problem and find a solution.

-RCA Service department 1-888-206-3359 or rca.com

mr cool guy
Unregistered guest
I just tried this and It seems like it's going to work. It resets the whole tv. This is totaly diffrent than that 99999 thing they talk about in the manual.

Go to the Guide Plus Setup. Mark USA, then enter 00000 for the zip code, answer "No", then answer "No". click through the rest of the installation.

Then go back and enter everything including your zip. This is suppose to "RESET" the memory. Then turn the TV off for at least 12+ hours. Everything should be back...........

Good Luck!!!

mr cool guy
Unregistered guest
It took a while but it's working now. It's hard to say if the 00000 trick worked or it just fixed itself. BISCUIT

UCDAggie
Unregistered guest
IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My guide plus had been on the blink for about a month. I tried the 99999 zip code trick and it didn't work. I tried entering 00000 as you suggested and guide plus was back the next afternoon and is working great!

Thanks a bunch.

Burt in Antelope, CA
Unregistered guest
THANK YOU, Mr. Cool Guy!!! Mine works now too!

Unregistered guest
I have tried the 99999 and 00000 zip codes and mine still doesn't work. All I get is a message saying that there is no information for my programs and to wait for the next update. Is there anyone who can help??????

Burt
Unregistered guest
Janice, I thought Guide Plus was gone for good, until I tried mr. cool guy's procedure. Try doing exactly what he suggested: enter 00000, and then "no" to everything else. Then go back through SETUP, and enter everything normally. And, I would add one final step: once you've entered your correct setup info, do a channel scan, and don't edit it. Then leave your TV off for the next day, during daytime hours.

Several years ago, I contacted Thompson Electronics (the folks who run this service), and was told that there are 4 downloads per day: 2am, 8am, 2pm and 5pm--these are all expressed in pacific time, so those hours are relative to your time zone.

Since I don't have cable or satellite, my downloads usually complete a few hours after a single download. If you have 40+ channels, you may need to leave the set off for a few hours after 2 or 3 scheduled downloads have occurred, before your full channel lineup has been received.

And again, wait until you've received your initial channel lineup, before editing your channels.

Bon chance, Janice!

I have had my RCA w/ guide plus for quite a while and have enjoyed using the guide. But just within the last couple of months when I have had to reset the guide because of a power outage or what ever. The channel option that is associated with my cable company and my channel lineup is for the cable with a cable box and not the old analog which is what I use. Does anyone know if it is possible to get my old line up back?

Make sure your television is plugged in and turned off, with no recordings scheduled during the next download. Downloads occur four times daily at 2:00am, 7:00am, 10:30am, and 10:00pm

Please contact us at 1-580-634-0123 Monday - Friday 8 a.m. -8 p.m. and Saturday - Sunday 10 a.m. -7 p.m. (EST), so we may better assist you.

Make sure you have your model number and serial numbers when you call... these are two things that i just got within the last couple of days from Thomson...

good luck all!
Monica

Unregistered guest
Burt, I did the 00000 thing and it worked finally.

Burt
Unregistered guest
I knew you could do it, Janice. Well done!

Unregistered guest
Hi! I now have a 27 " rca t.v and have not been able to receive any channel line ups at all. As this was my boyfriends' t.v previously who did not use this feature, i cannot figure out how to receive them. i tried resetting with the 00000 thing and left my t.v off for 10 hrs. Now i do not have the manual or the g-link attachment. I do however have it connected to the vcr. can not having the g link connected affect this? i set the vcr as no, and have it turned off as well over night.
Please help.

Post Number: 4
hip hip hooray!!! They finally have the correct line up again... mine is working again! thanks all

stef
Unregistered guest
Good luck everyone. I tried for over a month to get my rca guide tv to work. Mine was just black after only 1 year. I loved the guide on it and seems no other tv has that plus rca doesnt have it anymore either so enjoy it while you can.

Unregistered guest
Is Guide Plus something that can be added to any tv, or does it have to come installed on the tv you purchase?

Unregistered guest
I have tried all that has been suggested, but to no avail. I have a 36" RCA and the guide has worked excellent until now. Can anyone suggest any more help with the guide plus Gold not working

Username: Exracer

I received this from RCA customer service by email
Don't know if this will help, but we can all call this number

Dear Customer:

Thank you for your recent inquiry concerning your RCA Television.

We believe we can best answer your question by having you call a Thomson representative on our direct RCA TV line at 1-800-336-1900 Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. and Saturday -Sunday 10 a.m. - 7 p.m. (EST).

Please have the model and serial number of the product available when you call. If you have questions about how to use your product or how to connect it to other products, we recommend you are with the product and have your owner's manual available at the time of your call.

If you cannot locate your owner's manual/instruction book, please visit http://www.thomsonnetwork.com and click on Instruction Books.

Thank you for contacting us and giving us this opportunity to assist you

Mattt
Unregistered guest
GREAT NEWS......i did the ZIP CODE 00000 reset thingy and BAM my guide plus is BACK. just the t.v. lineup though. no news or any of that crap that i never used anyway.....im in raleigh NC by the way

Username: Doris

How do our disable Guideplus on my TV? I do not want this at all. Please help.
Thank you.

Username: Erneste

i want the guide pluse off my television please? how do i do that

Help me

Posted on Monday, August 15, 2005 - 03:56 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Big Big problem,

i have an RCA television about 24" TV. i always use the TV without the GUIDE been set up on the television, ideciced to set up the TV guide on the Television note welll that i am living in the Caribbean island of Antigua. i began setting up the Guide on the RCA television when i went through the setup i realized that the Television only came with to seting for people in the USA and people in Canada. i still went along with the setting, when i reach at the setting that has zip code i place in 00000 since Antigua does not have zip codes. THE CABLE BOX IN ANTIGUA WASNT NOT LISTED ON THE tv Guide setup so i also selected not listed (001). after completing the entire TV guide setup the RCA television does not work any more i cant see any channel on the televison. i need the zip codes from the TV guide setup to be remove and go baack to what it was 1st and i cant delete it without placing another Zip code.

i need some help please

Canada guy
Unregistered guest
Thanks, Mr. cool guy, I did the 0000 trick and it worked like a charm.woke up this morning and had my guide back.

Unregistered guest
Hi - Anyone looking for a way to buy a replacement G-Link cable can call 800-321-6993 (Fox Int'l ). They sell these for RCA (Thomson CE) and the P/N for my TV was #238293 - Price $22.40+$9.95 S&H. Good luck!

Unregistered guest
An even better source G-Link Cable:
1-866-925-Part RCA Part Number: 238293
RCA Model: F26432TX41(AD4)
A cable that plugs into the back of the TV and has an LED on the other end
Shipping Availability: Usually ships w/in 24 hrs
Price: $ 19.40 + $6.95 S&H

Unregistered guest
My Guide Plus RCA (Model F19424) just started clicking itself off, as if it were on a timer cutoff.
I'd use the remote and click it back on. But it kept doing it. Finally, I couldn't get it to cut back on at all.
Never had problems with the Guide; it always worked and was able to reset it when power went off. But I don't know if I ever connected GLink cables. (And I don't see them.) It was connected to a VCR which I disconnected when I got a cheap DVD player connected through a mini modulator. Guide plus, DVD and tv worked fine until the RCA started clicking off. I connected up a temporary cheap tv, but I can't even get the RCA to come on at all. Is all lost? I love my RCAs and have been buying them for more than 30 years (yes, I'm old)

ontargett
Unregistered guest
I cannot seem to make the vcr or dvd work on this tv. I make a direct connection to the tv and it is not picked up. What does the g-link cable do in this process. Thanks for reading, my manual came in French!

Burt
Unregistered guest
Hi ontargett:
Haven't used the g-link in awhile, but when I did, it worked fine. In order for it to function, your recorder has to be on the menu (don't know if any DVD-Rs are listed). If your's is listed, then select the matching code. You have to align the transmitting end just-so with your recorder, so the signal is properly received. To test this, you can select a show already in-progress to record, and see if your recorder responds. You may have to move the transmitter (in or out, up or down, side-to-side) to achieve the proper signal reception, so don't peel the tape off until you find the right orientation. Regards, Burt

Username: Deee53

After 5 months my Guide plus started working after
going thru the steps posted here. But it shows the wrong shows on the wrong channel!! How do I fix this?? Please.. thanks.

Burt
Unregistered guest
Hi Diane
While the guide is displayed, use the up arrow on your remote to go to the top "folder" line of the display. Then use the right arrow to move to the "channels" folder. Then, use the down arrow to scroll through the channels listed, and select/deselect the ones you want displayed. BTW, is the correct zip code displayed in your program?

Burt

Username: Deee53

Hi Burt thanks for the reply. I guess I need to ask
Comcast to send me Schedule of the channel line up
this is taking me forever to get the channels right.
We have had this TV for several yrs and the guide never went out untill 6 months ago. I didnt even use it
for the 1st 18 mo then I got spoiled to it. Thanks for the help. Yes the zip is corect.

Traitor800
Unregistered guest
Hi, We have an old GE TV with GuidePlus. Even though we never used the guideplus, yesterday the sceen keeps showing up (Guideplus features, Grid, Sort, Schedule, etc. says no data). The Controller and TV buttons do not work properly so that we can stay for any lenght of time in any of the menus (they flash constantly and clicking the right buttons are impossible). We have unplugged the TV and the remote (took batteries out) all night and still have the problem. In the process of trying to fix we have lost sound (can sometimes get it back on) and the menu is currently in French - both of these things have to do with the menus not holding and we can't push the buttons fast enough. I can't even try the zipcode thingy because I can't get to the screen. Any suggestions would be appreciated or is the TV useless because the GuidePlus has freaked out.

Judi
Unregistered guest
We had a house fire 2 1/2 years ago and lost our RCA tv w/the Gold Plus option. We were able to replace that tv and only used it for 2 months last year and had to move and put it in storage. Now our Uhaul storage unit was broken into and all of our electronic stuff was stolen. We LOVED the Guide Plus! We don't have cable, so it was great! Can't find another tv with that option. Does anyone know where we can get another tv with the Gold Plus schedule? Please help if you can. Thank you. 10/19/05 Judith

llynn
Unregistered guest
Traitoer800: I'm with you there. I have an '03 27" RCA w/TV Gold Plus. For the last year I've had to keep it unplugged because it started doing those "Christine type" things. It's maddening! I just moved another 19" next to it. Been waiting for an answer. Actually, you are the first one I've found that has had my same problems. Hopefully someone can help. I'd just like to disable it at this point so I can watch the t.v. (I did like the GuidePlus while it worked, though.)

Anonymous

How do I get guide back???

Been without it last couple months. Tried everything.

Unregistered guest
I have a 52" RCA telly with guide plus. I've had this tv for about 2 or 3 years, and have never been able to get the guide plus to work with the exception of once for about 2 weeks. I've tried the 00000 thing to reset it, and it does reset it but when I re enter the info, it still doesn't work when I try to access it later the next day. Please someone help!!

fx
Unregistered guest
Enter 92121 as your Zipcode and se if that works. If it does then enter the zipcode on the address of the nearest cable company office.

xvxvxvx

Fenrisulf
Unregistered guest
I was able to disable the startup feature of guide plus by changing the zip code in setup to 00000 and the country to the USA. Not a fan of Guide plus.

Anonymous

I have an RCA 19" with Guide plus+. The original remote has died and I purchased an RCA Remote Model-RCR412C Universal. It does not have a Guide button. What button or how do I display Guide information.

RandyM
Unregistered guest
There should be a way to access Guide info through the main menu system.

Unregistered guest
Does anyone know how to get a DVD to display on a 26" RCA Guide plus TV? We are sure the cables in/out from DVD to TV are hooked up right but cannot get the TV to display from the DVD player. Have wasted hours trying. Is there a way using the TV menu software? Please help.

Unregistered guest
I have an RCA with the guide plus. Since 2 wks ago after turning off the power to do some work on the house, I've lost the station guide. I tried the 00000 and 99999 things - no luck. I called Thompson and they told me to do the setup through a 'host station' - what the heck is this? They said: 1) un plug TV for 1 hr, 2) do auto-channel setup, 3) then from host station (locally that's 02 KCBS, 07 KABC, 11 KTTV Los Angeles stations) to the guide plus+ setup. I'm not sure I understand what they mean by doing guide plus+ setup through a host station. Any ideas??? Thanks in advance! - Mitch D

Burt
Unregistered guest
Hi Mitchell
Think they're suggesting you tune-in to channel 02, 07, or 11, before going into guide plus setup.

Burt
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know how to get a DVD to display on a 26" RCA Guide plus TV?
Hi Frodo
There should be a button on your RCA remote labeled "INPUT". Press that, and see if it works for you.

Unregistered guest
I have an RCA TV with cable provider that is not receiving Guideplus Gold any more. I have gone through the 99999 setup and still not getting anything.

I have tried the 99999 and 00000 zip codes and mine still doesn't work.

When I press the button it says........
""The search for data has failed. Please check your TV reception."".
Is there anything else I can do?.
Please Help!!

Ricky B
Unregistered guest
I am having trouble with my set as well. I am under the impression that the information is downloaded from the each network to the sattlite and cable company. it seems to happen to quit working every once and a while. I am not sure if it is trouble with my set or their system (gemstar). It does seem to just come back one day. I wonder if the system is down for maintenance or something.

Unregistered guest
My Guide Plus has been inoperable for almost three years now. I spent the first two of these years getting the runaround from Vincente, and from Ron Hurst of Gemstar, among others. Then I could not even get through on any of the many phone numbers I have. When is someone going to get this working again? I am to the point where I will start contacting other Powers that Be, and I am certain that RCA and their involved affiliates do NOT want me to do that! Is there anyone anywhere who can fix this? And don't tell me about the codes and the 99999 and all that. Been done; no help ever.
Specs: 27" silver RCA, Model F27318, Serial #B214B20J5. Postal code: V0G1G0

AeroBooBoo
Unregistered guest
I love the Guide Plus and have been thrilled to get rid of paper tv guides. I like being able to select only the channels I watch frequently in the guide and not have to wait for the slow crawl of the cable guide. I haven't had any problems with it until we had a series of power outages. Some days it works just fine, some days it takes a vacation.

Within the last two weeks, I have a whole new twist on the problem ... at least once every day or two (and not always at the same time) my TV will shut off. When I turn it back on ... it's on a different channel and my guide is gone. The display screen shows "There is no data for this screen".

Has anyone else had this happen and do you think the 00000 reset would help?

Henry K....
Unregistered guest
I used the 99999 and it worked wonderfully. The very next morning everything was back. I sure appreciate this BB, as with this info I knew I was going to have success, either with the 99999 or the 00000
Thank You,
Henry....

Unregistered guest
I just plugged in a 19" RCA 19424 with Guide Plus. The reception is absolutely terrible on this TV only. When the same cable was plugged into a different TV, all was fine. I have even watched DVR'd programs with no problems. I do remember this being an issue before. Does anyone know why this set would have reception problems?

Username: Spinkorama

Thank you everyone for this information. The cats got behind my tv and unplugged it recently and when it powered back up my Guide Plus was gone. I really count on it for recording programs. I reset the country to usa and 00000 zip and said no to everything, waited, redid my settings, reran my channel lineup, and went to bed. This morning no info but there were the channel identifiers and when I came back from work there is all my info again. Yipppeeeee!! Thank you again

Anonymous

My guide plus for my RCA f19424 tv that came with guide plus hasn't worked for the past several weeks and i have tried 00000 and 99999 for the zip code to no avail. Is there another solution to solve this problem, or is it a lost cause and time to purchase another tv without guide plus, even though the tv is only 2 years old

Username: Exracer

My Guide Plus has gone off again. It has worked fine for the last 6 months or so and now does not work. I have tried the 99999 and the 00000 to no avail. I live in Princeton, IL and the Guide Plus people tell me the download comes out of Chicago on one of the stations and they are having problems. Does anyone else live around here that is having problems?

eben60
Unregistered guest
see my last couple of posts on the Thread about RCA 32" Guide PLus Problems
Eric

Unregistered guest
We have a 32" Pro Scan TV (Aprx 6yrs old) in the last week we have had a problem with Guide Plus+.
We tried unplugging TV for couple of hrs, setting postal code to 999999, it has been very frustrating. All we get as a disply on guide plus is:"no channel lineup is displayed"

RCAHelpIsAJoke!
Unregistered guest
My guide plus has been out for a month. My mom who lives 2 blocks from me is having the same problem. It shows "no listing" for all channels. I have emailed RCA and they are really no help at all! I have tried the 99999 thing and it didn't work. I am trying the 00000 thing and hope it works. It is obviously an outage in my area being my mom has the same tv i have and is having the same problems starting on the exact day mine went out yet RCA keeps telling me to do all these diagnostic things to my tv. If the 00000 doesn't work I really don't know what else I can do?? Is anyone else having problems around Waterloo, Iowa area?

Turn Off Guide Plus
Unregistered guest
To TURN OFF GUIDE PLUS follow these instructions:
Hit guide button.
Move the cursor over to SETUP.
Highlight REVIEW OPTIONS.
Click OK button on remote.
Highlight OFF.
Click OK button on remote.

Anonymous

I live in Storm Lake Iowa- Our guide went out around Thanksgiving. The 00000 thing and the 99999 thing didn't fix ours either. I called the cable company(Mediacom) and they claim that they don't block the signal. I don't know what else to do. Rca doesn't return any attempts for assistance. If you figure out the fix I would be happy to try it.

Unregistered guest
More Guide Plus issues...I live in British Columbia Canada and my Guide Plus has been gone for about a week. We have tried all of the suggestions with the postal code thing and it didnt work. I cant even contact RCA because they dont allow calls from Canada!!! could someone in the States please call them and find out what the heck is going on, we all paid for this service by choosing a TV with this option so it would be nice if they could advise their customers of the reason why we are not currently recieving what we paid for! From what I have read above, RCA is ignoring any requests for assistance, I would be more than happy to call them and big time complain if someone has a way I can contact them from Canada. Thx.

RandyM
Unregistered guest
RCA has nothing to do with Guide Plus except to provide the hardware in your TV. All information is provided by Gemstar (a division of News Corp.) Your best bet is to complain loudly to your cable company.

AlteredStar
Unregistered guest
Waterloo IOWA. I am from Waterloo Iowa and my Guide + Gold has been down for the past few weeks also and I have tried the 00000 & 99999, nothing works. Anyone have any further help?

Guideless in Iowa
Unregistered guest
Okay!! If it is "Gemstar" that provides the listings, then what does the cable co. have to do with it?? I already contacted them and they say that they do not block the downloads, the problem is not on their end. Give me the info. of who to contact and I will and I am sure the others who are having the same problems will also.

RandyM
Unregistered guest
If you happen to know what local stations are Guide info providers, you could complain directly to them. In my area, ABC and PBS both carry Guide info, but it might be different in other areas. It's true that the cable companies just re-broadcast the local channels with the Guide info already included, however, they are not always innocent when the info doesn't get through.

Ozark
Unregistered guest
Help! My guide is also gone. I too live in B.C Cananda. Tried lots of the info posted here. The number for our postal code won't work as it needs letters and numbers.
Some one please help
Trudi have you had any luck yet?

Menu-less
Unregistered guest
Same problem here. My Dad's TV-menu went out about 10 days ago. It friggen sucks. No help with support numbers. Going to try some of the suggestions noted here. Vancouver BC.

pissed
Unregistered guest
Same problem in Chilliwack, no service for a couple weeks. I bought an RCA for the guide plus feature and now it won't work. I sure would like it fixed.

bdish
Unregistered guest
I have had my TV for 3 years and never used the guideplus and have finally sat down to use it after a coworker said she loved hers, especially the news feature. I dont have the "news" category showing. any suggestions?

Wack
Unregistered guest
I tried both the above and neither worked, I'm lost.

eben60
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 02:43 pm: In another thread a couple of days ago....
Maybe its all of Shaw's service areas?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those of you in the Victoria/Duncan area on Vancouver Island, BC, I got this email from Shaw. But I guess if it's true, it applies to everyone, as guideplus has made changes that disrupted service all over.

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to email us.

We have confirmed that guideplus have made changes in their system causing this issue.

Shaw has not made changes to how this information is delivered but are working with guideplus to have them correct the issue.

We hope to see this resolved quickly.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Thank you for choosing Shaw!
----------------------------------------
Chris
E-Mail Support Team
Shaw High-Speed Internet Service

oh well
Unregistered guest
So am I to assume from the previous postingthat Guideplus is down til further notice, I really miss it??? I will write to Shaw in Chilliwack BC and se if I get an additional response.

Cheers

eben60
Unregistered guest
I think it helps to have a call logged with them to say you are not happy without GuidePlus. Volume of complaints will likely motivate them.

Unregistered guest
I am trying to find a dealer in SC that sales RCA entertainment tvs with Guide plus. Help

Menu-less
Unregistered guest
tried the "00000" fix, didn't work. Obviously the system is down as mentioned earlier. Sure do miss it.

Guideless in Iowa
Unregistered guest
Just wondering if anyone knows if the guide is working anywhere or if it is out all over. I am starting to wonder if there is problem with the whole system. I don't know anyone else locally that has the guide to ask. I have talked to a couple of people at RCA(Thompson) and they are supposed to call me back with a service tech. That was a week ago and the call back was to be within 72 hours. I am not getting very far, but atleast filed complaint. We have 2 tvs with the guide system and neither works right now and went out at the same time. They(RCA) had me do the diagnostic on the sets and the ram and rom passed on both but everything else failed. Haven't heard back from them with a solution. I guess I was just wondering if everybody with the guide was having the same problems, or just certain people. Thanks. Does anybody know what the diagnostic test results mean for me??

Piers
Unregistered guest
email I sent to Gemstar, followed by their "official" response:

My RCA Guide Plus feature has been non-functional for over three weeks. Tried resetting guide plus using both the 99999 and the 00000 trick and then leaving the set off for 12+ hours (which has always worked in the past), and leaving set tuned to "home" station (where satellite download apparently goes to), specifically in Los Angeles KABC, KCBS and KTTV. Still no joy after doing this about a dozen times.

Have contacted cable provider (Adelphia) and RCA. Number of information sources have indicated this is a Gemstar/Guide Plus problem and apparently involves some changes you have made/are making in your system. Given the number of people are experiencing this problem, can you please advise me of when you believe this problem/issue will be corrected, or at least what is causing this breakdown in service?

Gemstar response:
Thank you for your report. We've received additional calls/emails from RCA consumers about their TVs "being muted" or going into SAP (secondary audio program, which makes it seem like the TV is muted on some stations).

The GuidePlus interactive program guide however has no means for controlling the audio of televisions. Gemstar has not changed anything in the way of transmitting listings to its program guide either.

In any case we followed up with Thomson/RCA's engineering about these reports. RCA already had engineering resources investigating this issue. Thomson/RCA has confirmed that this problem is *not* a Gemstar guide problem, but an issue with their TVs (including RCA TVs that do not have GuidePlus), probably triggered by a problematic signal from one or more television stations that started airing over the last couple of weeks.

RCA's engineering believes a broadcasted program or ad from a television station across the nation is causing these problems. They are analyzing video taped broadcasts of a few stations; including Spike TV which is the station some consumers are reporting causes their TVs to go into SAP. Once RCA's engineering has pinpointed the problem they will follow up with the Station(s) to correct the issue.

Their call centers in Canada and US are letting people know that RCA is still investigating this problem. The workaround for consumers in the meantime is to unplug their TVs and plug them back into the wall.

Please feel free to refer fellow RCA consumers experiencing this problem to Thomson/RCA's support centers.

RCA's support centers: In the US: 580-634-0151; In Canada 800-522-0338 (English) or 800-522-0445 (French).

We sincerely hope the problem is found soon and that the issue is resolved promptly for RCA consumers.

Cheers,

Josué Franco
Manager, CE Technical Support
TV Guide On Screen

Piers
Unregistered guest
FYI--I'm not having any problems with audio or SAP, just Guide Plus.

Unregistered guest
FYI- Have been following this thread for a few days with similar problems in Cinci, OH. area. My RCA set went out and after repair the guide+ would not work, Service tech had no clue on how to get it up. So, after several times of reset and off over night today it came on. I did use a different zip that my current local. It matched the local Time Warner office who is cable provider in area. Channels did not match but after doing edit seems to be working fine. Now have to wait to see if new down load over tonight works? Also left TV on ABC local overnight.

Dan Lazor
Unregistered guest
I also live in Cinci, Oh and have had problems with Guide on my RCA for years. For the past few years, it goes out about the second week in Dec. and comes back the first of the year (just an observation). It goes out during other times of the year for about a week but always comes back.

I had problems awhile back with a signal amplifier on my cable line. Guide went out about 2 weeks before I figured out I had blown the amplifier. A poor amplifier may add interference to the data causing Guide to fail.

Also, I have recently experienced the SAP problem with Spike TV and only on Spike TV. Unplugging the TV, wait a few seconds and plugging the TV back in has worked for me. I got tired of this procedure, so I just stop watching Spike and haven't had the problem since.

IGUY
Unregistered guest
Guide+ has not updated my channel listings since it first came back on. I did change the zip to my local instead of the original, thinking I would get a better list for my area. I am not sure if this caused it to stop receiving the new lists, but I suspect it did? I reset the zip and waiting to see if it gets updated lists. So far it has not. I still have the original grid which initally was not showing up.

RMack
Unregistered guest
Spoken with RCA rep and they are no longer a licencee of Gemstar Guide Plus nor do they manufacture tv's with this option anymore. It's possible this is an issue since RCA's are widely affected. He also confirmed Dan Lazor's comment about the Christmas season being the highest call volume on this issue. They tend to go quiet when you mention Spike TV for obvious slander reasons but there is something there.

Try this test on your RCA tv:

If you are unable to access your Guide Plus information after performing a reset, you will need to perform a diagnostic test on your TV to determine if the problem is with your TV's module.

1. Press Menu
2. Select option 7
3. Then Select option 1
4. With "Set-Up" highlighted press menu
5. Then press "Go-Back"
6. Then press "TV"

If BUS fails, then your television needs to have module replaced.

If VBI fails, the signal needs to be reset with the "99999" reset.

If IR fails, then IR cables may not be connected.

If your VBI fails and the reset does not correct the problem for you, you will need to contact customer service at 1-580-634-0123 for further assistance.

anniegirl
Unregistered guest
I too have a RCA with the Guide Plus option. I have lost the Guide Plus and am so frustrated in trying to get it back. I have called the service dept. of our local store and they had no answers. Said that we were one of many who have recently complained. Called Mediacom and it is not their service problem. Called RCA and was told that a Guide Plus service tech would be calling in a matter of 4 days to walk me through to reset it. It has now been 3 weeks. NO Call. I finally went to the this web site I have tried every trick there is and still no guide. I have read all of the other posted messages from IA and wonder if there is a bigger problem then just a reset?
I am from the Cherokee IA area and if there is a fix to this problem can someone please help those of us in this area!

RMack
Unregistered guest
RCA is no longer a licencee of Gemstar so i suspect the problems are due to Gemstar upgrading the signal (which they did before X-Mas) and not including RCA in the loop. I am on the waiting list for an RCA Gemstar "expert" to call me.

I'll post info

RMack
Unregistered guest
RCA is no longer a licencee of Gemstar so i suspect the problems are due to Gemstar upgrading the signal (which they did before X-Mas) and not including RCA in the loop. I am on the waiting list for an RCA Gemstar "expert" to call me.

I'll post info

RMack
Unregistered guest
RCA is no longer a licencee of Gemstar so the problems could simply be arising from a lack of product support

Piers
Unregistered guest
On 1/18 got callback from RCA Guideplus support tech--TeenaMarie--very nice, understanding & sympathetic tech who's been working w/me on this problem since before Christmas and has called back on several occasions to update me on status.

She's been checking w/both Gemstar & my cable provider (Adelphia). Seems that Gemstar has changed something in their download protocal and that, for the moment, Adelphia is blocking the Gemstar signal. Hence the famous reset options (99999 or 00000 et al) don't fix the problem. Gemstar and Adelphia are both "discussing" the issue/problem and, according to TeenaMarie, hope to resolve/restore the service. She will call me once everything has been sorted out but no idea when that will be. Apparently this issue is occurring with a number of cable service providers and she has a long list of similar calls.

Seems like there's nothing further to do now except wait. Will post any further info/updates.

BC Girl
Unregistered guest
The following message is now showing up when I hit the Guideplus button (my guideplus quit about 3 months ago, but this message just appeared recently):
Dear GuidePlus Customer,
We are sorry that your television is not able to receive data to update your GuidePlus television listings. One likely reason is that your cable company has blocked the information contained in the television signal. We believe that this action is unlawful.
Pls contact your cable company to ask them not to interfere with the free data contained in the over the air broadcast signal which supports your GuidePlus feature. You may also wish to voice your complaint to your city officials, and the Federal Communications Comm. by calling 1 888 237 3387.
If you are dissastified with the action of your cable operator and would like to consider alternative programming services, pls call toll free at 1 877 For Guide.

I'm in Kamloops, British Columbia. I'm not sure if the phone numbers are for the US or Canada. Is anyone else getting this message?

Anonymous

Just a question on the prev. post. How does the message download if the cable co. is blocking the feed?? Doesn't make much sense to me. Maybe I am not very smart, but that info would have to come from somewhere. I thought that the info comes from your cable line? How can they post a message and you receive it but you can't receive anything else?? Someone please explain.

BC Girl
Unregistered guest
I never thought about that. You are right, how is the message getting through?

The message comes on with a bright yellow background when I first hit the Guideplus button.

Hmmmm?

Menu-less
Unregistered guest
Been in contact with a representative from Thompson. They wanted to know my particulars as to when we lost the menu and the name of our cable supplier etc. We gave them the info on voice-mail, they've since replied a few weeks later to say that they are working with our cable supplier SHAW to come to resolution. It something to do with the "host-channel" blocking the downloads or something. Anyways, they say that they're working on it. Still waiting in Chilliwack, BC.

RMack
Unregistered guest
My GUIDE mysteriously came onboard this morning about 2:30 am. The TV was on the whole time and i did not have to do a reset. I had just e-mailed Gemstar with the Delta Cable statement about their financial troubles and asked if it was true. Obviously not. I tried looking forward a couple of days and everything seems to be there, hopefully it stays.

Anyone else in Delta get their GUIDE back?

Unregistered guest
I'm in Delta and after reading all the emails from April '05 regarding GUIDE+, I came upon your note RMack, at the very end saying yours was up and running again as of this morning. I immediately went and check my TV and low and behold I HAVE MY GUIDE+ BACK ON! Lets hope it stays on.

Thanks to everyone for their assistance.

Piers
Unregistered guest
I'm happy for those with Delta, Shaw and Rogers cable services--Apparently those living in Canada are getting some satisfaction. Meanwhile, down here in Southern California with Adelphia, am still waiting/hoping.

Jumpcut
Unregistered guest
Yes, I have Adelphia in Southern California, and mine hasn't been working since mid-November.

Piers
Unregistered guest
Jumpcut: See my earlier post above (January 19th) for possible encouragement/hope that something maybe happening in terms of Adelphia & GuidePlus.

RMack
Unregistered guest
I got this link from another thread i have been following. Interesting info for Canadian GUIDE users.

www.panasonic.ca/english/customercare/notice2.asp

There must be a similar post for the US

BC Girl
Unregistered guest
Oh good. According to the above link, Kamloops is suppose to get service back Feb 3rd. I'll report back later and let you know if it happens.

Ozark
Unregistered guest
Well I live in the "Wack" B.C and I am hoping that I will have it back on Feb. 3rd also!
Will keep you posted as well ;-)

shmenkie
Unregistered guest
It's back on in Trenton, Ontario, has been off for 2 plus months...SWEET

Ozark
Unregistered guest
Not on yet as of this morning. I am thinking the notice is too good to be true!

BC Girl
Unregistered guest
Well it was suppose to be back on Feb 3rd in Kamloops - its the 4th and so far nothing.

RMack
Unregistered guest
The service in Delta was interupted on Sunday from about 4pm to 10pm. I noticed the network i was watching did a reset of some kind (just as the Superbowl started) and the listings all disappeared shortly after. I didn't have to do a reset or shut off to get the listings howver they were't 100% correct until the next morning.

AlteredStar
Unregistered guest
As of now Guide Plus is working in Waterloo Iowa. Not sure when it came back on as I haven't had the TV on since Friday Feb 3rd. But am thankful it is back. Thanks to all who pitched in and posted.

Guideless In Iowa
Unregistered guest
Anyone else in Iowa get their guide back?? Star-what cable provider do you have? We have mediacom and I was just wondering if this means we may be getting ours back soon too. Thanks for posting the info.

njrisner
Unregistered guest
Im in Kentucky. My guide has been out about 2wks. I have a local service provider.Foothills fiberoptic. From what I`ve read the bigger cable companies are getting things staightend out. The smaller companies will probably take forever.

Jumpcut
Unregistered guest
After nearly 3 months of no listings, everything popped back up today! I have Adelphia cable in Southern California.

Piers
Unregistered guest
Guide Plus on Adelphia back here in LA!!! Had to reset so don't have any program listings yet but do have channels showing. Will see if programming is back by tomorrow--meanwhile, life is definitely looking up!!

Unregistered guest
I have a new Panasonic combo vcr/dvd-r. My Guide+ can't find the code for it. Any suggestions?

Un-Guided
Unregistered guest
Beandude have you tried adjusting the glink eye. I had this problem when I got my vcr/dvd and I just slowly adjusted the location of the glink eye and it did pick it up after a few attempts. Sometimes you need to go back and retry the codes again even if they fail. Good luck.

BC Girl
Unregistered guest
Well 10 days past the day it was supppose to be on in Kamloops and nothing. The link provided above no longer gives dates - so I'm not holding my breath.

gypsygirl
Unregistered guest
I also have a guide plus which I used every day. It has been out for about 2 mos. now. I am on Broadband cable. They haven't any idea what is going on either. Has anyone heard anymore of wether it is Gemstar resetting or going out of the service. I am in western Wa.

shmenkie
Unregistered guest
It's been out in Trenton, Ontario for the last couple of days :-( I hope it comes back soon...

MO boy
Unregistered guest
I have been loving Guide Plus+ for about 4 years. I've had frequent problems with it, but with the exception of a long spell late last summer, or maybe last fall, (I can't remember) I always got it working again after 3-5 days. That one long spell was agony! Today, I got the same message as BC Girl:

Dear GuidePlus Customer,
We are sorry that your television is not able to receive data to update your GuidePlus television listings. One likely reason is that your cable company has blocked the information contained in the television signal. We believe that this action is unlawful.
Pls contact your cable company to ask them not to interfere with the free data contained in the over the air broadcast signal which supports your GuidePlus feature. You may also wish to voice your complaint to your city officials, and the Federal Communications Comm. by calling 1 888 237 3387.
If you are dissastified with the action of your cable operator and would like to consider alternative programming services, pls call toll free at 1 877 For Guide.

At the moment, it is still working, but there are a couple of spots that show "no listing", but that is not uncommon. I just wanted to say that BC Girl is not crazy. I too wondered how it was they could sent me that message if the service was blocked. The only thing I could think of is that they "planted" that message on everyone's TV, so that it would "go off" when it couldn't find the download info. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't stop working in the next couple of days! BTW: I'm in northern Missouri, on a VERY small local cable company.

photojunkie
Unregistered guest
I have an Emerson VCR/DVD combo. How do I know which code to use? It shows Emerson has 13 codes, and it is supposed to change the VCR to 09 when it gets the right code. The problem is that I can't tell if it changes to 09. Any ideas?

Un-Guided
Unregistered guest
Does it turn on by itself?? If it does go ahead and click that it is ok. Then go back and turn on your vcr and check which channel it is on. It should remain on channel 9. If it did it is the right code if it isn't still on 9 it is wrong. Hope this helps.

AlteredStar
Unregistered guest
Guideless In Iowa: I have MediaCom... Only thing is now its only showing the stations/Icons... No Listings of shows. I just don't get it. It was nice for a week or so.

YOPAISAN
Unregistered guest
******SEARCH FOR DATA HAS FAILED ERROR*******
I have a 61 inch RCA Projection TV and have had this problem for awhile. I've tried the "99999" and "00000" zip code techniques to no avail. I figured it may be that my cable signal is weak therefore causing the data not to update. I have up to 7 TV's throughout the house hooked up to cable (hope no one at cablevision is reading this :-) ) I bought an inline signal amplifier at Radio Shack and hooked it up at the main cable source and BINGO! I got my guide back! It took overnight to update but it now works fine!

Jumpcut
Unregistered guest
It's not working again on Adelphia Cable in Los Angeles. Previously it was out for 2.5 months beginning last November. Then, on Feb. 9, everything magicallly came back and it had been working perfectly ever since. Now, it won't update the listings again. :-(

Piersden
Unregistered guest
You're right Jumpcut---Adelphia Guide Plus in LA is out AGAIN! It's been working perfectly for the past 2+ weeks. Makes no sense. Will wait a day or so before going through rounds of phone calls again (i.e. RCA, Adelphia).

DCProud
Unregistered guest
Does anybody use desktop Guide Plus+ software with an ATI All-In-Wonder card? I just had a problem with being unable to download listings. I get a message, "No listings available for the current date ... " If anyone has encountered this and found a solution would be grateful to hear about it.

Anonymous

Having issues with teh ATI Guide Plus as well, just started this week. Sorry no solution but now concerned..... since someone else is having this issue

RMack
Unregistered guest
I'm just wondering if "YOPAISAN" isn't onto something here with his inline signal booster. The only time in past history that i had an issue with my signal and Guide Plus, the cable company came out and put a booster in. He explained that with all the internet cable now, we are getting a weaker signal in some spots. It didn't affect all channels the same depending on the originating signal.

Jumpcut
Unregistered guest
Piersden, I don't think it's coming back by itself. Adelphia is definitely blocking the VBI signal again on KCET (the channel GuidePlus gets its listings from in LA). I think someone from Gemstar needs to pressure them to put it back.

Bill E.D.
Unregistered guest
Winston Salem NC also out a couple days? All-in-Wonder ATI Guide Plus says "No listing for date or zip" changed zip to New York 11553 and works, though the channel/programming lineup wrong. Tried my zip 27103 and no listing! Has Time Warner blocked there list to Gemstar?

Jumpcut
Unregistered guest
Encouraging sign for Adelphia/LA: A new channel lineup selection popped up today, so I'm getting a signal. Let's see if the listings populate overnight tonight...

Piersden
Unregistered guest
My Adelphia/LA Guide Plus signal came back about two days ago as well--channel lineup--but so far no listings, but at least the time is showing (it doesn't when the signal isn't coming through).

Jumpcut
Unregistered guest
Piersden, what part of LA are you in? I'm on the westside. My listings seem to be populating, but slowly. Some stations have gaps in the listings, others are complete. I have 4 of the promotional ads, normally there are about 10. In past outages, I would get complete listings after leaving the TV off overnight. Well, something is better than nothing. But after 4 1/2 years of reliable listings,the past few months have been frustrating.

Piersden
Unregistered guest
Jumpcut, I'm in Westwood. Still no listings. Yesterday Guide Plus asked me to select correct listings from lineup, but that option disappeared this morning. Have tried the old 0's trick to reset. Won't know if it's worked until tomorrow. It's more than frustrating.

Jumpcut
Unregistered guest
Piersden, The 00000 and the 99999 tricks have never worked for me. The problem is with Adelphia, Gemstar and/or KCET, not with our sets. I'm also in Westwood, and it seems like the listings have fully downloaded now. How long it stays this way is anyone's guess.

Piersden
Unregistered guest
Jumpcut: Listings yes, program information no, nothing yet. Guess I'll have to wait another 24 hours (12 w/set off) to see if any actual program listings show up. Never thought it was my RCA at fault--I assume it's Gemstar/Adelphia. No good talking to Adelphia, they've never heard of Guide Plus!!

Username: Jumpcut

I'm getting program info now, but some channels do have blank spots. The interesting thing is, I'll get (for example) 6 hours of listings on one channel, then 4 hours of "no listings," then the program listings will pick up again. Some days I get no promotions, other days I get several. It seems a little shaky, but for the most part GuidePlus is working again now. I have a 36" RCA bought in October, 2001.

Username: Piersden

Westwood, California

Been asked 3-4 times in last week to select proper channel lineup, but still no Guide Plus program listings for West LA/Adelphia.

Piersden, mine seems to be working OK now. I'm getting my channel lineup, program listings and ads. I've found that sometimes certain zip codes have problems. Try 90025 (if you haven't already) and see if it works.

Username: Jpergram

I am starting to hate guide plus...

I used to love it. I have a DVR that uses guide plus, to record shows. I get my updates without problem, but my guide freezes up alot. I can hit the button to record a show and it locks up. It is crazy any suggestions?

Also, my cable provider started Soapnet, a couple of years ago and I was thinking that the guide would update and it doesn't! Does anyone know why Soapnet isn't listed?

Username: Chido

have an RCA TV with Adelphia cable provider that is not receiving Guideplus Gold any more. I have gone through the 99999 setup and still not getting anything.

I have tried the 99999 and 00000 zip codes and mine still doesn't work.

When I press the button it says........
""The search for data has failed. Please check your TV reception."".
Is there anything else I can do?.
Please Help!!

Chidodos, the problem isn't your TV, which is why 99999 and 00000 don't work. You need to call Adelphia and tell them to begin passing the VBI signal. Everyone with Adelphia is having problems.

Username: Mikeharn

I have also tried the 99999 and the 00000 tricks and nothing has worked. The message states only "There is no data for this screen." Help!

Post Number: 5
Well, an interesting thing has played out for me the past few weeks. I get a channel lineup selection screen on Wednesday or Thursday. After I select the proper lineup, I turn off the TV. When I turn it back on I have 2-3 days of program listings. Then nothing until the following Wednesday or Thursday, when the whole scenario plays out again. I'm starting to think this is KCET's problem, not Adelphia's (I'm in Los Angeles). If it was Adelphia, nothing would ever download.

Username: Cardspeirs

I'm also from BC and have a different problem I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing. I lose sound on most channels if the TV is tuned onto channel 5 (KNOW) and now lately both CBC channels 3 & 26 are transmitting their radio signal for audio instead of the audio for the program being viewed. Any ideas on how to fix this or who to talk to? RCA was no help at all about the sound issue.

Username: Timjmcc

I'm having a different problem. I DO get all the channels correctly downloaded, but the TIME is off by two hours. When you open the guide, it shows the time superimposed in the upper left hand . The guide is que-ed to that time and show programs from two hours earlier
Any ideas (setting the tv's clock doesn't have any effect)
Thnx Tim

Username: Palk2006

Winona, Ont Canada

Cardspiers
Had similar problem, last week had a friend replace a bunch of capasitors and redo some dry solder joints. He wasn't able to find anything else wrong. Now working.

John

Username: Palk2006

Winona, Ont Canada

Having a guide problem for a week now. No listings. Live in the Hamilton Ontario Canada area.
Have 3 tellies with gold+ so not an equipment problem.
Any info

John

Silver Member
Username: Geeker

Post Number: 107
Download tip (for antenna users): Do not turn your set off with the tuner set to a no-signal channel. What I mean is, if you watch your VCR or DVD on say ch 4--because you don't receive broadcasts on that channel--be sure to set the TV to a signal-receiving channel (preferably a network VHF channel) before the set is turned off. Since I started doing this, I haven't lost any downloads.

Username: Timmytimmy

Imagine this, I lost channel info just last weekend, 5/7/06. I can receive channel listings but cannot receive info for the displayed channels. I have tried all the "fixes" listed to no avail.

I'm in northwest suburban Chicago, use Comcast expanded basic - no digital - with my feed coming out of Mt. Prospect, Illinois.

Anyone else with this problem in the area? Of course, Comcast knows nothing about GuidePlus - so they say - nor any problems associated with such, imagine that
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us