Toshiba 62HM84 Picture Tilt

Username: Auzzieflyboy

Post Number: 1
Just bought a new Toshiba 62HM84 and love it. Only problem is that the picture is slightly tilted. About 1cm higher on left than on the right. I read that it could be the dlp board has moved or spring loaded screws might not have been tightened correctly. Wondering if I need a tech to service this or is it accessible from the service menu (holding down the menu key on the remote as well as the TV for 5 sec)?

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 568
Tony,

If the TV is brand new, I would definitely call wherever you bought it and ask them to deliver an exchange unit(if product was delivered)on their 'nickel'.

The TV could have been dropped, or lord knows what's happened to it or what else might go wrong. If the TV isnt in good working order brand new, your setting yourself up for future problems and being the proud owner of a lemon..

Any retailer will exchange defective products they have sold.

Post Number: 2
Paul, You're probably right. The rest of the set works perfecty just this slight tilt you notice on letterbox. Was hoping it might be a simple adjustment.

Samskiggiddy
Unregistered guest
I bought the same tv and the picture in the left upper side of the tv is tilted, just like you described. So I called up to have it replaced and the next tv they delivered had the same problem with it. Is this just how the toshiba 62HM84 is?

Peas
Unregistered guest
Toshiba used a patented technology called Heavy Electron Integration. Although this provides a superior longer lasting picture the drawback is that these "heavy electrons" cannot sustain their velocity across the entire screen. Therefore when painting from right to left (left to right as viewed from the front) the far side of the picture will be slightly lower than the near.

The larger the screen the more pronounced this will be. If you call Toshiba they will ship you a small device used to correct this problem at no charge.

Peas

MikeVt
Unregistered guest
Hahaha....that was great. I love it.

Ok...now seriously, my 62HM84 doesn't have a tilt, but a downward dip. The center of my image is about 1/2 in lower than the edges. Sounds like Toshi has some fairly frequent image geometry issues. I've decided to give up and send mine back for something different.

I only hope that I can lift it with all those heavy electrons inside. Where do they go when the TV is off? Do they end up at the bottom? Can I pour them into a zip-loc bag to make transporting them easier?

MikeVt

Post Number: 3
Toshiba service was terrible and they wanted to bring the set into the shop, believing the mirrors had moved in shipping. Told them to forget it. I looked at the mirrors and they were properly seated. Used three washers as spacers in the light engine housing and it fixed the tilt. The pic still has a dip and is 1/4 inch lower in the center on the top only. Looks like an optic problem I'm stuck with. Went into the service mode and also corrected the ver/hor settings.

samskiggiddy
Unregistered guest
So, what should I do. I am still within the 30 day return period. Should I try on a 3rd model and hope that it is corrected or just scrap the toshiba and get a ... what should I get????? I like the 62 inch size. any suggestions.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us